Questions on GC2600 deal

/ Questions on GC2600 deal
Great idea on slowing RPMs, appreciate it HellBender! Here are a couple pics of the new addition. Put 8 hours on her this weekend, graded and seeded part of the front yard this weekend, just in time for the hours of rain last night and this morning. Did great, got slowed a few times digging in too much with box blade and trying to take too big of a load w/FEL but overall did an excellent job!

photo1.JPGphoto22.JPG

/ Questions on GC2600 deal #12  
Congrats on the purchase. Glad to hear you are having fun with your new toy.....er........I mean tool :)

/ Questions on GC2600 deal #13  
JMER, You won't want to go to sleep at night when it warms up a little, of course it is probably already warm in your part of the country. Glad you are having fun!

/ Questions on GC2600 deal #14  
JMER, here's a simple suggestion for removing the MMM, providing you have a relatively smooth concrete surface to use:

I take a pair of 1/32" thick plastic sheets and place them under the non-swiveling caster wheels so they can easily slide sideways, and simply slide the mower out to the right side of the tractor, after disconnecting and removing the PTO shaft and the front mounting hardware. Been thinking about drilling holes to rotate the wheels, but the plastic's just too easy.

This works well for me, and I have turf tires-- but still don't need any additional clearance. Takes me only a few minutes (certainly less than 10) to remove or install this way. Hellbinder's right, though-- that MMM will really get in the way if you do any ground work. WBB

/ Questions on GC2600 deal
Good to know, I'll give the plastic a shot if I end up getting the MMM. Looking at rear flail mowers too, but if I could get attach/detach down to a few minutes I don't think it would take any more time than a flail mower attach/detatch would. Thanks guys.

/ Questions on GC2600 deal #16  
Absolutely! I haven't timed it lately, but I really think removal is only about 4-5 minutes... putting it on takes a bit longer, due to getting the driveshaft rotated correctly so it lines up; I put some white-out stripes on it to help in that regard. I don't have a lot of experience with 3-point hitch devices, but it takes me 20 minutes --at least-- to put on my tiller. For me, MMM is far easier to install & remove.

The nice thing about these MMMs is that they do such a nice job of cutting grass --very smooth, no "misses"-- and I haven't had any trouble with relatively high grass --though my grass tends more to dry rather than wet, which I know makes it easier.

I also removed the flapper door altogether, mainly so it will fit in its narrow parking spot, but discovered the grass clippings also get dispersed very well as a result; no windrows. (Also works great to blow leaves & debris- that thing makes quite a lot of wind!) WBB