Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: syncroshuttle question

Massey synchro shuttle definitely needs to be clutched, you might do it a few times without clutching, but i wouldn't recommend it.
    =========================================
    Massey Ferguson 2615

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 12x12 Shuttle, Exmark Pioneer 48, and toys

I went out and drove it this weekend, yup, I clutch it. Funny, it's something I do out of habit, and sitting in the computer chair I can't do remember it....
    Must be the age kicking in....
    Now, why did I come into this room.......
    Tractors are red, crops are green.

The 2nd Amendment - America's Original Homeland Security

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 cab

Syncro Shuttle is best described as a manual transmission that has a separate lever to shift forward / N /reverse in any of the gears that you are in. The clutch is needed for any shifting.

Power Shuttle is similar to the Syncro, except you can use the forward / N / reverse lever without clutching. Shifting between the individual 12 gears requires the use of the clutch.

Tractor
    Kubota L3240

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzn View Post
    I went out and drove it this weekend, yup, I clutch it. Funny, it's something I do out of habit, and sitting in the computer chair I can't do remember it....
    Must be the age kicking in....
    Now, why did I come into this room.......
    koodos to you for admitting a mistake. So often people will dig their heals in or not come back to thread rather than admit a mistake.

Now are you sure with yours you need to? I thought all the 12X12's were power shuttle?

I drive a tractor with a power reverser that a friend owns, and I find it much easier on me and the machine to use the clutch myself. The power reverser is just to hard of a change of direction.
    Last edited by JasG; 03-31-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    “Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."

Ronald Reagan

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1635 12x12 Shuttle, Exmark Pioneer 48, and toys

Quote Originally Posted by JasG View Post
    koodos to you for admitting a mistake. So often people will dig their heals in or not come back to thread rather than admit a mistake.

Now are you sure with yours you need to? I thought all the 12X12's were power shuttle?

I drive a tractor with a power reverser that a friend owns, and I find it much easier on me and the machine to use the clutch myself. The power reverser is just to hard of a change of direction.
    You are right - the 1635 is the 12x12 POWER-shuttle, but I noticed I still clutch it - "old habit's die hard". I went and double-checked - and no, I don't have to clutch - even when I'm wrong, I guess I'm right - except that I can't remember what transmission I have! I only remember the 12x12 part (now about that 6x6 Ram I always wanted.....). Power-shuttle is thus described:"Changing the direction of travel is as simple as slowing the engine and moving the lever in the desired direction of travel, so it痴 perfect for loader work."
    I was thinking I need to go to the barn and pull out the manual again and re-read if I need to clutch or not - but it snowed again this morning and I just didn't have the gumption (or the body heat any longer) after being outside all day.....so I looked it up.
    And I have no issue admitting when I'm wrong, heck - I'm married.
    Tractors are red, crops are green.

The 2nd Amendment - America's Original Homeland Security

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12