syncroshuttle question

/ syncroshuttle question #11  
Massey synchro shuttle definitely needs to be clutched, you might do it a few times without clutching, but i wouldn't recommend it.

/ syncroshuttle question #12  
I went out and drove it this weekend, yup, I clutch it. Funny, it's something I do out of habit, and sitting in the computer chair I can't do remember it....
Must be the age kicking in....:laughing:
Now, why did I come into this room.......:rotfl:

/ syncroshuttle question #13  
Syncro Shuttle is best described as a manual transmission that has a separate lever to shift forward / N /reverse in any of the gears that you are in. The clutch is needed for any shifting.

Power Shuttle is similar to the Syncro, except you can use the forward / N / reverse lever without clutching. Shifting between the individual 12 gears requires the use of the clutch.

/ syncroshuttle question #14  
I went out and drove it this weekend, yup, I clutch it. Funny, it's something I do out of habit, and sitting in the computer chair I can't do remember it....
Must be the age kicking in....:laughing:
Now, why did I come into this room.......:rotfl:

koodos to you for admitting a mistake. So often people will dig their heals in or not come back to thread rather than admit a mistake.

Now are you sure with yours you need to? I thought all the 12X12's were power shuttle?

I drive a tractor with a power reverser that a friend owns, and I find it much easier on me and the machine to use the clutch myself. The power reverser is just to hard of a change of direction.

Last edited:
   / syncroshuttle question #15  
koodos to you for admitting a mistake. So often people will dig their heals in or not come back to thread rather than admit a mistake.

Now are you sure with yours you need to? I thought all the 12X12's were power shuttle?

I drive a tractor with a power reverser that a friend owns, and I find it much easier on me and the machine to use the clutch myself. The power reverser is just to hard of a change of direction.

You are right - the 1635 is the 12x12 POWER-shuttle, but I noticed I still clutch it - "old habit's die hard". I went and double-checked - and no, I don't have to clutch - even when I'm wrong, I guess I'm right - except that I can't remember what transmission I have! I only remember the 12x12 part (now about that 6x6 Ram I always wanted.....). Power-shuttle is thus described:"Changing the direction of travel is as simple as slowing the engine and moving the lever in the desired direction of travel, so it痴 perfect for loader work." :thumbsup:
I was thinking I need to go to the barn and pull out the manual again and re-read if I need to clutch or not - but it snowed again this morning and I just didn't have the gumption (or the body heat any longer) after being outside all day.....so I looked it up. :eek:
And I have no issue admitting when I'm wrong, heck - I'm married.:laughing: