Buying Advice the tractor keeps on growing...1529

/ the tractor keeps on growing...1529 #1  

scott67

Tractor
Massey 1529
From responses to my previous posts, it's pretty much unanimous that I probably need something bigger than a sub-compact. I had two good deals swirling in my head. A new 1526 and a used 2012 1526 for probably $500 less. The used one would save me 1600+ in tax etc.. Now the used one has dropped $700. That probably would have made my mind up alone, but now I've found a 2012 1529 with 75 hours and the price I was going to pay for a new 1526.

The 1529 has slightly more pto hp, and I figure it should handle 5ft rotary, especially as I have 4 or 5 acres to do. Different joystick position, and some other options.

I might have to trailer my imaginary tractor a lot (not sure). And the 1529 probably is double the weight of the average sub-compact.

Going back to the 1026, the JD dealer thinks it's up to the task if I can keep it all in a more maintained state.

Like most have said on this board, you usually don't regret going bigger.

We have so much snow, that I don't have to rush, but I'm getting on my own nerves.

/ the tractor keeps on growing...1529
Plus, more overall hp on the 1529. I forgot that.

/ the tractor keeps on growing...1529 #3  
More Power! I like that.

/ the tractor keeps on growing...1529 #5  
Hi, I vote to buy as much tractor as you can for the $$$. Also about used , check out the warranty new vs. used, it may make a huge difference with just that !

Hi, I vote to buy as much tractor as you can for the $$$. Also about used , check out the warranty new vs. used, it may make a huge difference with just that !

Looks like the 1529 is the leader in this race. I'll see if I can find the fine details on the Massey warrant, as both these used machines should have 2+ years on them. Thanks

/ the tractor keeps on growing...1529 #7  
I just got the 1529 with FEL & a backhoe !!! So I'm kind of in the 1529 corner !!!!! Good luck !!

/ the tractor keeps on growing...1529 #8  
One more aspect of buying a tractor... Sit on it for 20 minutes or more, consider sitting there for hours as you mow. Get on & off it a few times. Especially, with the smaller tractors, you might find the controls, seat, operating position a big deal over another tractor.

One more aspect of buying a tractor... Sit on it for 20 minutes or more, consider sitting there for hours as you mow. Get on & off it a few times. Especially, with the smaller tractors, you might find the controls, seat, operating position a big deal over another tractor.

And that's something I haven't really done. I drove the JD 1026r around in a few circles. I did sit on the Massey 1526, and it seemed pretty good for my size.

The sub-compacts do feel a little cramped. I'm not too tiny of a guy.