Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1529

Default Re: the tractor keeps on growing...1529

Quote Originally Posted by mguitas View Post
    Bob, how much more for a 1532 HST. Just curious.
    I didn't price a 1532 ( I'd have loved one ! ) but I was at my maxed budget and played the competition card ! Was looking at another tractor but my Massey dealer wanted my $$$ more, so we worked out a deal !

Tractor
    Massey 1529

I'm going to try and get a test drive of the Massey 1526 or 29 if I can justify the greater price. Will also try out the CK20, although I think it's a bit light on rotary cutter hp? Then go back an try the JD.

Tractor
    Massey 1529

I lost out on the barely used 1529 - but that was due to my own stupidity when it comes to making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BobsMassey View Post
    I just got the 1529 with FEL & a backhoe !!! So I'm kind of in the 1529 corner !!!!! Good luck !!

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1526 Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by scott67 View Post
    I lost out on the barely used 1529 - but that was due to my own stupidity when it comes to making a decision.
    I have a 1526 and love it. But the 1529 has a considerably larger lift capacity with the FEL. You did not mention transmission type. I have a hydrostatic and would not trade it for nothing but a shuttle shift 1529 will be close to the same price as a hydrostatic 1526.
    George

Tractor
    Massey 1529

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    I have a 1526 and love it. But the 1529 has a considerably larger lift capacity with the FEL. You did not mention transmission type. I have a hydrostatic and would not trade it for nothing but a shuttle shift 1529 will be close to the same price as a hydrostatic 1526.
    I'm sure the 1529 would be nice to have, but the 1526 would do the job. I probably just need a reasonable FEL. Even one on a sub would do the job most of the time.

I think think the dealer has one 1526 left at last years price. Kioti is other brand where I can reasonably justify the price of a compact as well, but would have to move up a model to get a 3 speed hydro.

There is a possibility I might raise how much I'm willing to spend, but for now, the 1526 is the best deal around here. I'll try to drive it this weekend if it doesn't get sold.

Tractor

I'm sure the 1529 would be nice to have, but the 1526 would do the job. I probably just need a reasonable FEL. Even one on a sub would do the job most of the time.

I think think the dealer has one 1526 left at last years price. Kioti is other brand where I can reasonably justify the price of a compact as well, but would have to move up a model to get a 3 speed hydro.

There is a possibility I might raise how much I'm willing to spend, but for now, the 1526 is the best deal around here. I'll try to drive it this weekend if it doesn't get sold.
    Well like I said. I have a 1526. It is perfect for what I do. If you drive it I'm sure you will love it. What are they pricing it to you for?
    George

Tractor
    Massey 1529

Quote Originally Posted by radrock View Post
    Well like I said. I have a 1526. It is perfect for what I do. If you drive it I'm sure you will love it. What are they pricing it to you for?
    Pricing had been 16,000 with FEL, but the dollar exchange difference was supposed to cause that to go to 16500. Current rebate programs ended yesterday, so I have no idea what will be happening. Found cheaper deals far away, but shipping would hurt.

I still have a used 2012 1526 with 150 hours, FEL and rear wheel weights I will look at if need be. It would save me over 3 grand. Weather and family commitments have prevented me from driving the 2 hours to see it.

I feel with the 1500 series, you really get a lot of tractor for your money, especially with the incentives.

Oh well, the search continues.

Tractor

Pricing had been 16,000 with FEL, but the dollar exchange difference was supposed to cause that to go to 16500. Current rebate programs ended yesterday, so I have no idea what will be happening. Found cheaper deals far away, but shipping would hurt.

I still have a used 2012 1526 with 150 hours, FEL and rear wheel weights I will look at if need be. It would save me over 3 grand. Weather and family commitments have prevented me from driving the 2 hours to see it.

I feel with the 1500 series, you really get a lot of tractor for your money, especially with the incentives.

Oh well, the search continues.
    Yeah I'm sure you will be happy. Keep us posted what you do. They have four of them for $15225 in Oklahoma.
    George

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12