cab or platform ??

/ cab or platform ?? #1  

MAN IN BLACK

Gold Member
Tractor
MF GC2610 tlb,mmm
Hey guys,
Real great site, very helpful tips !
I just bought 36 acres of mixt mature woodlot.
I might change my MF 1455
I was asking myself if I should buy the new tractor with a cab or platform ?
Since it will be working in the bush a lot.
Any suggestion or personal experience ?
Thanks

/ cab or platform ?? #2  
My theory on tree thinning is if an eight foot wide tractor can't get between two trees without touching the canopy one of them belongs in the wood pile. Trim out your roads of all head scratchers and face slappers then go slow when driving in to new territory. If you have work to do in those big Ag fields around you a cab would be nice and if you move snow with it a cab is the greatest thing sense sliced bread.
122412153852_zpsd82fca94.jpg

/ cab or platform ?? #3  
My theory on tree thinning is if an eight foot wide tractor can't get between two trees without touching the canopy one of them belongs in the wood pile. Trim out your roads of all head scratchers and face slappers then go slow when driving in to new territory. If you have work to do in those big Ag fields around you a cab would be nice and if you move snow with it a cab is the greatest thing sense sliced bread.
122412153852_zpsd82fca94.jpg

Nice set-up!

/ cab or platform ?? #5  
Thanks, I'm really enjoying it.

I'd take that over sliced bread anytime!

Most all of what I do is in the woods and I have an open station. Go for the cab... I wish I did.

Last edited:
   / cab or platform ?? #6  
Everyone's situation is a it different and it's good for some and not others. There are quite a few old threads on here with hours of reading. Personally I choose a cab and pole saw, but I do a LOT of work out in the open where the cab keeps the dirt and bugs and heat and cold off me. If I get a few scratches on my cab, it is a tractor after all.

/ cab or platform ?? #7  
I love my cab and would never think of buying a tractor without one, but every piece of glass on it looks very expensive to replace.

/ cab or platform ?? #8  
No reservations here...I'd get the cab!

/ cab or platform ?? #9  
We are very happy with open platform versus cab

/ cab or platform ?? #10  
I've read a lot of the threads on here about Cab vs Non Cab. There are many, many people who work in the woods that have gone from an open station tractor to a cab, and most everyone says they will never go back to not having a cab.

There are certainly some exceptions, I do remember reading about some people who went from cab to non cab, but those are very few and far between and typically there is a specific reason, such as can't fit the cab tractor in the barn/garage whereas you can fold down the ROPS and fit.

If I get a cab tractor, I won't be able to fit it in the garage, but I'm not too worried about that.