Price Check MF240 Orchard Steering 150hrs

/ MF240 Orchard Steering 150hrs #1  

Blunderbore

Bronze Member
Tractor
1993 MF240 w/ 2400QT FEL
Massey 240, around here seem to range between $6000-$9000

46hp Perkins AD3.152 Diesel

I can only assume the 150hrs on the meter are after a rebuild.... Everything works and it fires right up. How much is it worth? Any feedback would be appreciated.

TractorLowRes.jpg
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG
Steering.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

/ MF240 Orchard Steering 150hrs #2  
I would want to know more about the hours. It is not normal to reset an hour meter from what I have seen. I just bought a MF245 and even after a complete engine rebuild I am not quite in that price range. A 245 is older than a 240, but not significantly different. Without FEL they don't command a whole lot.

/ MF240 Orchard Steering 150hrs
Thanks for the reply. I only assume the 150hrs is after a rebuild, I can't imagine they would be original hours. I guess possible....

I wonder if price has more to do with region.

I bought it at an auction, based on local pricing I got a fair price but nothing close to a great deal.

Here are some local ads for comparison sake.
Massey ferguson 240
1990 Massey Ferguson
1998 Massey Ferguson 240

I would want to know more about the hours. It is not normal to reset an hour meter from what I have seen. I just bought a MF245 and even after a complete engine rebuild I am not quite in that price range. A 245 is older than a 240, but not significantly different. Without FEL they don't command a whole lot.

/ MF240 Orchard Steering 150hrs #4  
If the engine is good, and I would guess it is, I would say $7000 or so is fair. 240s are newer than my 245. I am just a little gun shy of "rebuilds" considering my recent experience.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ting/273745-massey-245-perkins-ad3-152-a.html

I spent a lot of money re-rebuilding an AD3.152. Fortunately for me, I paid little for my MF245 so I am fine with the investment. I now have a bulletproof Massey of heritage lineage for well under what a new one would cost.

/ MF240 Orchard Steering 150hrs
TomSeller,

Thanks for the input. I too have been burned with the purchase of rebuilt stuff such as jet skis and campers. So time will tell if this was a good purchase.

Now if I could only find a reasonably priced loader....

Thanks

/ MF240 Orchard Steering 150hrs #6  
Loaders are around for them but you have to be on the lookout for them. The tractors last forever so it is not often they parted out due to unrepairable problems.