MF4610

/ MF4610 #1  

ironpen

Gold Member
Tractor
tn75s, tc33d, mc35, gt65, 6640, 3010s, TS110, TS115, TN70, Massey 5470, Kubota F2690
I thinking about buying a MF 4610. Does anybody here have one and if so what do you think?? I am a little concerned about 99 HP coming out of a 3 cylinder engine. Do you think it's heavy enough to pull a 15 foot batwing bush hog? Looks like a weighs about 6900 lbs., which looks a little light for that much power. I would appreciate any thoughts. My dealer has some 4608's in stock....is that enough for the batwing?? They are 4WD, which I don't think I need and they all have joystick and aux. hydraulics to run a FEL. I also don't need that since our loader stays permanently on a New Holland at the farm. They tell me it will be 4 or 5 months before I can get a 2WD with no joystick.....should I look at the 4608's. Would I miss the HP? TIA

/ MF4610
Surely somebody had an opinion......

/ MF4610 #3  
Great little tractor - the county I live in recently acquired a 4610 to pull a 15 ft batwing and it handles it just fine. Seems to have more torque than a larger size Kubota. Puts out 80 hp at 2000 rpm with no problem.

/ MF4610 #4  
I have a MF 3635, which is the Italian version that was discontinued. That's the Sisu 3-cylinder turbo, I believe, that AGCO snapped up. Don't be fooled by it's displacement, because it is a powerful, fuel-efficient engine. In my opinion, the Sisu has no equal for power-to-fuel consumption ratio. Although mine delivers a little less horsepower, I use a baler and large wagon in hilly terrain regularly, and average 2.5 gallons per hour while baling. It may weigh a tad more than the 4610 though, but not by much. I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised with the machine.

/ MF4610 #5  
I have a MF 2660 of lower HP than the 4610. I think the 4610 will pull the batwing 15 foot hog with ease. A friend uses a JD with a lot less than 100HP (on hilly terrain) and it pulls the 15 ft batwing OK. Every application is different but in the places I cut (hilly country in WV) a tractor without 4WD is a stuck tractor and one you cannot control in too many kinds of places. One thing I noticed with the 4600 series is that they have bevel gear drive front turning spindles rather than big U-joints (like my 2660 and most of the JDs above 50HP .) That makes the 4WD much more maneuverable than the big ones with U-joints. I would not be too concerned about the 3 cylinder but I suppose I would prefer a 4cyl. in that size engine. Heck, go out and test drive one with something heavy attached like a batwing 15 footer. If you are going to plunk down that kind of money they at least owe you a test drive.

/ MF4610 #6  
Ah-ha, I thought so! Just looked up AGCO SISU... Yep, made in Finland.

Look up what "sisu" means in Finnish. Finns generally don't apply that acronym lightly.

/ MF4610 #7  
Ah-ha, I thought so! Just looked up AGCO SISU... Yep, made in Finland.

Look up what "sisu" means in Finnish. Finns generally don't apply that acronym lightly.

SISU has a legendary reputation in the logging industry. They have strong following!!

/ MF4610 #8  
just bought 4610 with fel and 3rd valve for hay grapple. so far only disappointment is there is no where to mount baler monitor, dealer is helping me get what he call a ram mount to attach monitor on right hand door rod.

/ MF4610 #9  
just bought 4610 with fel and 3rd valve for hay grapple. so far only disappointment is there is no where to mount baler monitor, dealer is helping me get what he call a ram mount to attach monitor on right hand door rod.

It sounds like we will have the same tractor. I ordered same thing including a grapple. Please PM me with how you like it now.