gc2300

/ gc2300 #1  

Buckeye Chuck

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2300 JD210 GT
Looking hard at a gc2300 s/n M-T1128 with 60in mower deck and loader b with 529hrs but don't know what year it is? Also is there anything I should look out for on this model?

/ gc2300 #2  
The GC2300 was made from 2005 to 2008, I can't give you an exact year though. TractorData.com Massey Ferguson GC2300 tractor information

That's a low hour machine you are looking at though. I purchased mine in May/2010, and it has close to 500 hours now.
Has the one you are looking at had it's 500 hour service?

As far as what you should know..........some GC2300's had a problem with the input shaft to the hydraulic pump being made too short, thus taking out the pump. This is something you cannot see, or know about unless it goes out(it is internal in the hydro unit).

/ gc2300 #3  
If "T" is, in fact, the second letter in the SN, it's a 2008 model (at least for the 2310 TLB model).

N=04
P=05
R=06
S=07
T=08

Mine's a 2007, and I've not had any problems with the hydraulic pump, with close to 400 hrs now.

/ gc2300
Thanks Don87 and irvingj for the info Tractordata has no info on the serial number. Irvingj I think it is older than 08 because it doesn't have a tach on it. I like it and just have to convince the "finance minister" into letting me get it. Hmmmm fathers Day is coming up.

/ gc2300 #5  
It was made in 2003. AFAIK 2000 was the first year for the GC2300.
No guard for the hydro filter, damaging it is the biggest risk if you take off the mower deck. It's very easy to drive over a branch that swings up to hit it.
All the loader hydraulic hoses should be showing wear at the crimped fittings. Replace in pairs if one starts leaking.
Check muffler for break/crack at mounting bracket along exhaust pipe.
Wear on radiator hoses from rubbing/vibration.
4-way flashers turn on if too much water gets on light switch.
Oil leakage from steering column if the steering wheel has been used as a handle to ascend/descend from the seat.
Battery should be due for replacement if it hasn't been done already.
Tires may be weather checked. Front tires may have excessive wear if used in 4WD too much.

/ gc2300
DMW thanks for your reply. I have been looking around a lot and all the brands seem to have the hydro filter low and exposed. Some have after market guards available or you can make your own. The hydro fan has all of it blades and it has no leaks or drips visible on the ground the steering wheel looks like it has been used as a hand hold for mounting and dismounting and the column has play at the dash. A couple of hoses have been changed the loader does not look abused and the tires are not weather checked Front tires due show more wear than the back tires. I have checked the muffler and it is solid. Battery has been replaced by the dealer. The radiator hoses look good. Can you lock the mid mower up high and use the 3pt independently? Or dur you have to take it off to use the 3pt? Can one still get a snow blade for this model?Thanks

/ gc2300 #7  
DMW, just curious-- how did you figure it was made in 03- the SN itself?

Chuck-- yes, you can use the 3PH with the deck on-- what you have to do is raise the deck, then screw the mower height adjusting knob all the way up (max height); there's a threaded rod and a stop below the floor that sets mowing height, and that should be able to hold the deck all --or nearly all-- the way up. I do it that way for the very short time I need to use the tiller (really small "garden"), but ordinarily I just remove the deck; it's not hard to do. I also believe the snow blade is still the same, even for the new model tractors, and should still be available- but you'll have to get the mid-mount PTO mounting assembly with it, which makes it kinda pricey.

All the comments DMW made about the earlier models seem right on the money, from what I've learned on this site. Good luck! WBB

/ gc2300 #9  
Chuck , you might want to see about a blower rather than a blade. I've used both and the blower is preferable to me. The loader with a rear snowblower makes a pretty good combination. A 48" is nice as its the same width of the loader, but with the hydro you can also use a 54" or 60" if they aren't too heavy. Also a lot cheaper than the blade.

What kind of tires are on the machine your looking at?

/ gc2300
irvingj thanks for the info on the MMM being able to stay on while using the 3pt.
DMW there are R1s tires on the GC2300 which I like. At the moment I have an old JD 210 LGT which I like but it is starting to use oil and the last three years I have had to patch and repair the 39" mower deck. Since we don't have any animals right now for the pasture I have to mow it and with the 210 it is sloooow going. So I am hoping to replace it with the gc2300 with loader and 60" mower deck. I have a snow blade and snow blower for the 210 but for some reason I like pushing snow better than blowing it. When we have alot of snow here in the North East of Ohio and piled high the 210 is lacking in size and power. So far the finance minister is not pleased with my idea but if it was her being inconvenienced it would be in the barn already. But the fight or debate goes on.