Price Check C1705 price question

/ C1705 price question #1  

ajd187

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 1025R
As part of my tractor search I got some quotes on a Massey GC1705 (22.5hp, 18.7 PTO hp) this afternoon.

The price quote I got breaks down as follows. This is using the 0% financing (60 months).

Tractor with loader - $14300
60" belly Mower - $2000
+ 8% tax

Total OTD: $17604

Based on my online pricing using the JD and Kubota online configurators, I'm guessing I'd see similar pricing on a BX2360 or 1023E with the equivalent configuration (within a few hundred bucks anyway). Are these prices right on, or a bit high? The dealer said that that was his bottom line price, although I suspect with some competitive offers he might go a bit lower.

I also got a quote on a Kioti CS2410 for the same price (same dealer).

/ C1705 price question #2  
I would suspect the JD to be more then just a few hundred more. When I was pricing out my gc2400, the jd equivilent was 1000s of dollars more.

/ C1705 price question
I got a very godo quote on a BX2360 that blew this one out of the water. Probably going Kubota unless I can get this guy to match or beat it.

/ C1705 price question #4  
I went with my Massey because of the price and the roominess of the platform. Also found the Kubota to be a little noisier.

/ C1705 price question #5  
The JD was several thousand more in my area when I purchased the GC2400(which is basically a GC1705) I paid 13,750 with loader and mower. And the price was comparable to the Kubota BX2360 at that time.

I purchased mine about the same time as 'bakerg'.

I think your dealer is charging you too much.

/ C1705 price question #6  
I hope i'm not hijacking a thread here but since we seem to have the same question and this is an active topic I was hoping it would be ok..

I was quoted $14,500(w/o tax) with 3.9% for 60/mo's(I chose this over the 0% as I hope to pay it off much sooner) today on a 1705 w/ 60" belly mower and FEL. Does this seem fair or should I really put my foot down and try to bargain a bit?(He said right off the bat it was the lowest price, but we all know how that goes..)

/ C1705 price question
The JD was several thousand more in my area when I purchased the GC2400(which is basically a GC1705) I paid 13,750 with loader and mower. And the price was comparable to the Kubota BX2360 at that time.

I purchased mine about the same time as 'bakerg'.

I think your dealer is charging you too much.

I agree. I got a quote of 13000 even on the BX, which is a way better deal. I'm going to pressure the Massey dealer a bit. The price he gave me is essentially list.

/ C1705 price question
I hope i'm not hijacking a thread here but since we seem to have the same question and this is an active topic I was hoping it would be ok..

I was quoted $14,500(w/o tax) with 3.9% for 60/mo's(I chose this over the 0% as I hope to pay it off much sooner) today on a 1705 w/ 60" belly mower and FEL. Does this seem fair or should I really put my foot down and try to bargain a bit?(He said right off the bat it was the lowest price, but we all know how that goes..)
Not hijacking at all, that's why I created the thread :)

I think that's decent but you can probably talk them down a bit.

/ C1705 price question #9  
If that is through AGCO finance, that is why no wiggle room. 0% costs you in a higher price. Get a cash price, get a bank loan. It will come out cheaper.

/ C1705 price question #10  
Will is right, when I bought mine, I was quoted 16500 at 0 percent but got it for 13500 when I paid cash.:confused2: