MF 135 coming into my life?

/ MF 135 coming into my life? #1  

msjanket

Silver Member
I saw a Massey 135 with the Perkins gas job. Had 850 real hours. Great shape, paint faded, tin excellent. Power steering. Started and ran great. I liked this tractor from the get go.

Asking 3000 firm. Fair enough? For light farming, can this unit pull 2 moldboards?

A nice, solid feel to it, before this occasion, had never heard of 'em.

/ MF 135 coming into my life? #2  
jump on that! is it a deluxe with all the gauges and 2 stage clutch with diff lock?

/ MF 135 coming into my life? #3  
That is a steal of a price for a great tractor.

/ MF 135 coming into my life? #4  
I saw a Massey 135 with the Perkins gas job. Had 850 real hours. Great shape, paint faded, tin excellent. Power steering. Started and ran great. I liked this tractor from the get go.

Asking 3000 firm. Fair enough? For light farming, can this unit pull 2 moldboards?

A nice, solid feel to it, before this occasion, had never heard of 'em.

If it has the complete set of gauges (tach, engine temp, oil pressure, fuel) it's the Deluxe model.
Check the bottom of the clutch housing. There are two weep holes that generally have loose fitting cotter pins installed. Sometimes those pins are missing and the holes are clogged with dirt. Take a 1/16" twist drill and ream out the dirt. Check for any fluid leaking from these holes. A few drops is normal. Greater flow might indicated a bad rear main crankshaft seal or a bad transmission seal.

Check it out in all gears forward and reverse (easy shifting, no funny gear noises, no clutch slippage).
Make sure the 2-stage clutch is working OK (easy shifting, no clutch slippage).
Check out the pto and the hydraulics (leaks, etc).
Look for black, white or blue exhaust smoke that persists after the engine gets up to operating temp. Could be leaking engine seals/gaskets.

Good luck.

/ MF 135 coming into my life? #5  
Oh, BTW, $3K is a good price if that 35 checks out OK.

/ MF 135 coming into my life?
Yes, the tractor has all the gauges and differential lock. Steering, while power, has a nice firm feel to it. Tractor has not been sold yet, our market here is real stinko. I've tried to unload some equipment and stuff is just not moving. Most good 135's in this shape usually sell for around 4500. It appears the Perkins gasser is a good one, it has the 5" stroke that the diesel has and has a lot of torque.

I guess the 154 Leyland will have to take second place to the 135 on my purchase list.