GC2300 Snow-blower

/ GC2300 Snow-blower #1  

67PLY

Silver Member
Tractor
MASSEY GC2310
We have a 2005 GC2310 TLB - our local John Deere dealer has a GC2300 with loader - mower and a snowblower (took in on a trade) ..... I was going to try to buy just the 'snow blower' - looks like it wasn't used much. What would be a fair offer - in the hot month of July ??????? Thanks.

/ GC2300 Snow-blower #2  
I paid $2900.00 for the blower and the front quick hitch(which you must have) for mine brand new. I would offer 50% of that as a starting point.

/ GC2300 Snow-blower
Don - Did you buy your tractor at Lincoln Supply in Somerset ? We did in 2006 - seeing a few like this one traded in on a JD makes me wonder if it was traded because lack of dealer in the Johnstown/Somerset area. Do these snowblowers work well in wet snow ?

/ GC2300 Snow-blower #4  
Don - Did you buy your tractor at Lincoln Supply in Somerset ? We did in 2006 - seeing a few like this one traded in on a JD makes me wonder if it was traded because lack of dealer in the Johnstown/Somerset area. Do these snowblowers work well in wet snow ?

The one that I have with my 2410 works great in wet or dry snow.

/ GC2300 Snow-blower #5  
Most of these front bliwers are built by RADTECH in Quebec, top quality stuff.

/ GC2300 Snow-blower #6  
Negative. I purchased mine in Bruceton Mills, Wv. . They are 13 miles from my house.

I can't give a lot of info about the snowblower, as I've only used it twice since I purchased it, and neither time was really necessary. I did it because I could.

Sometimes we get 'lake effect snows' that can easily dump 3ft or more on us in a single night. I was willing to spend the extra $2900, just for the peace of mind.

/ GC2300 Snow-blower #7  
I just realized that in post #2, the words "quick hitch" showed up as an embedded link on my computer. If it showed up on anyone else's that way, I did not put that there. And that is not the hitch required for the front mount blower on the Massey GC series.

/ GC2300 Snow-blower
Don - I looked at the used 2360 blower again today. Looks likes all parts are there - midmount shaft - short blower shaft - front mount with lift cylinder and hoses - chute with hand crank. All moving parts are well greased. What make are your plow and cultivator ?

/ GC2300 Snow-blower #9  
Ditto on the blower... I ordered my 2310 with the blower back in 2007. Never regretted it. Dry snow = about 60' throw(!), wet stuff reduced by from 30 to 50%, depending on how wet it is. REALLY wet stuff will sometimes clog the chute, but I've only had that problem a few times... and I'm talkin' "water-dripping-out-of-the-snow" kind of wet.

Only issue I've had with mine is bending the tips of the impeller blades from picking up rocks; that will reduce the throw, but a body-shop dolly and a hammer can bring it back up to snuff, pretty much.

If necessary, you can also leave the quick-hitch on (but be careful, as it hangs down pretty low) and swap from blower to FEL in about 5 minutes.

And, as Will said, they're built quite well- very rugged, quality stuff. You can probably tell that I love that blower! :cool2:

Walt/irvingj

/ GC2300 Snow-blower
I made them a fair offer on the blower - should know by the end of the week. My drive is paved - so no rock throwing. Noticed metal wire inside the chute - what is that for ?