Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    MASSEY GC2310

Default GC2300 Snow-blower

We have a 2005 GC2310 TLB - our local John Deere dealer has a GC2300 with loader - mower and a snowblower (took in on a trade) ..... I was going to try to buy just the 'snow blower' - looks like it wasn't used much. What would be a fair offer - in the hot month of July ??????? Thanks.
    Let it snow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: GC2300 Snow-blower

I paid $2900.00 for the blower and the front quick hitch(which you must have) for mine brand new. I would offer 50% of that as a starting point.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    MASSEY GC2310

Don - Did you buy your tractor at Lincoln Supply in Somerset ? We did in 2006 - seeing a few like this one traded in on a JD makes me wonder if it was traded because lack of dealer in the Johnstown/Somerset area. Do these snowblowers work well in wet snow ?

Tractor
    MF 2410 TLB

Quote Originally Posted by 67PLY View Post
    Don - Did you buy your tractor at Lincoln Supply in Somerset ? We did in 2006 - seeing a few like this one traded in on a JD makes me wonder if it was traded because lack of dealer in the Johnstown/Somerset area. Do these snowblowers work well in wet snow ?
    The one that I have with my 2410 works great in wet or dry snow.
    Man is not free unless government is limited.
    Ronald Reagan

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person...your behavior does."

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Most of these front bliwers are built by RADTECH in Quebec, top quality stuff.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by 67PLY View Post
    Negative. I purchased mine in Bruceton Mills, Wv. . They are 13 miles from my house.

I can't give a lot of info about the snowblower, as I've only used it twice since I purchased it, and neither time was really necessary. I did it because I could.

Sometimes we get 'lake effect snows' that can easily dump 3ft or more on us in a single night. I was willing to spend the extra $2900, just for the peace of mind.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

I just realized that in post #2, the words "quick hitch" showed up as an embedded link on my computer. If it showed up on anyone else's that way, I did not put that there. And that is not the hitch required for the front mount blower on the Massey GC series.
    Don

Tractor
    MASSEY GC2310

Don - I looked at the used 2360 blower again today. Looks likes all parts are there - midmount shaft - short blower shaft - front mount with lift cylinder and hoses - chute with hand crank. All moving parts are well greased. What make are your plow and cultivator ?

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

Ditto on the blower... I ordered my 2310 with the blower back in 2007. Never regretted it. Dry snow = about 60' throw(!), wet stuff reduced by from 30 to 50%, depending on how wet it is. REALLY wet stuff will sometimes clog the chute, but I've only had that problem a few times... and I'm talkin' "water-dripping-out-of-the-snow" kind of wet.

Only issue I've had with mine is bending the tips of the impeller blades from picking up rocks; that will reduce the throw, but a body-shop dolly and a hammer can bring it back up to snuff, pretty much.

If necessary, you can also leave the quick-hitch on (but be careful, as it hangs down pretty low) and swap from blower to FEL in about 5 minutes.

And, as Will said, they're built quite well- very rugged, quality stuff. You can probably tell that I love that blower!

Walt/irvingj
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    MASSEY GC2310

I made them a fair offer on the blower - should know by the end of the week. My drive is paved - so no rock throwing. Noticed metal wire inside the chute - what is that for ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast