M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635)

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #12  
I didn't get to see one in person yet and get some seat time I ll keep you posted im not really likeing the cat on the engine for emissions

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #13  
Just priced a new 2635, loader, bucket, bale spear, and 4x4 for $35,000...... Is that high or about right?

To high.

Last fall I bought a 2635 FWA with DL 250 loader, HD bucket, dual remotes (4 couplings), 4 rear weights, 6 front weights and front weight bracket for $30,200. I do not believe that the deals are as good now as they were then but you should be able to do better.

The 26** line is a basic, low tech, no frills line, which is what I was looking for for mowing duty. I shopped NH and Kubota as well as MF. The 2635 specs out better than the competition, is heavier and less costly. Do not expect initial quality to be up to Kubota standards.

SDT

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #14  
So are they all basically alike? What about the shuttle shift and the synchronized transmissions, are they good?

The 2625 is no longer available.

The 8X8 synchro shuttle is rugged if low tech. The shifter placement of the old tech design (engine/transmission/differential) is not as convenient as more modern designs and the shuttle is a bit clunky but, again, it's less expensive than more modern designs and heavier.

SDT

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635)
To high.

Last fall I bought a 2635 FWA with DL 250 loader, HD bucket, dual remotes (4 couplings), 4 rear weights, 6 front weights and front weight bracket for $30,200. I do not believe that the deals are as good now as they were then but you should be able to do better.

The 26** line is a basic, low tech, no frills line, which is what I was looking for for mowing duty. I shopped NH and Kubota as well as MF. The 2635 specs out better than the competition, is heavier and less costly. Do not expect initial quality to be up to Kubota standards.

SDT

Just got a call yesterday from the mf dealer. He said he can let me have tractor, loader, bucket, bale spear, canopy, fluid in the rear tires, and delivered for $32800. He also said if I can find a competitors tractor that will spec the same size for HP and with all the extras I wanted priced cheaper he will do better.
Since you've got yours, what's the good and the bad with these tractors? How do you like yours and what do you do with it?

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #16  
Just got a call yesterday from the mf dealer. He said he can let me have tractor, loader, bucket, bale spear, canopy, fluid in the rear tires, and delivered for $32800. He also said if I can find a competitors tractor that will spec the same size for HP and with all the extras I wanted priced cheaper he will do better.
Since you've got yours, what's the good and the bad with these tractors? How do you like yours and what do you do with it?

Considerably better price. I bet you can get it for $32,000, less if you forego the liquid ballast. Yes, you will need rear ballast if you plan to do serious loader work but perhaps less than you expect as the 2635 is considerably heavier than are similar HP Kubotas, etc.

As an aside, I do not like liquid ballast because I change all of my own tires. Cast iron weights will not cost much more than Rim Guard and make tire repair much easier and/or less costly.

I've had my 2635 only since last fall and have only about 25 hours on it. I've had a few minor issues but the dealer has taken care of them. As I did, I would advise you to get your dealer to commit to no charge pick up and delivery for any issues that require return to their shop for the duration of the warranty period. Have them write this into the sale agreement. AGCO does not pay their dealers for warranty related pick up and delivery but they will cover it in other ways. The 2635 is not a Kubota. You will almost certainly have QC issues.

That said, I'm not fond of the rather cheap seat. The seat on my 2007 533 is much better.

I would also advise you to insist that your dealer turn the steering stop screws in as much as is possible. MF manufacturers the tractors such that there can be no possible interference issues regardless of equipment or conditions to prevent warranty issues. I instructed my dealer to do this but they did not. As delivered, it takes 40 acres to turn the thing around. Once I had the tractor home, I used the loader to lift the front end and turned the steering stop screws in 6 full turns (I believe that there are a couple more turns but I'm conservative.). This is a huge difference in maneuverability. I also set the front tires in a bit to coincide with the rear tire spacing. You will need to check front axle oscillation while doing this to assure no interference with the loader brackets at full steering lock and max axle oscillation. Your dealer should do this for you but probably will not. Note: This paragraph applies to FWA models only.

FWIW, I'm both an engineer and a lifetime mechanic. I'm also ****. When my tractor arrived, I checked all of the pre-delivery inspection items in the owners manual. All of these had been checked off by someone at the dealer but it quickly became obvious that some (many, most, all?) had not been checked. If I buy another MF from this dealer, I will take a day off and insist that I be in the shop when they do the pre-delivery inspection.

All said, this is not a Kubota and such is reflected in the price.

SDT

Last edited:
   / M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #17  

I neglected to answer how I use my 2635. I bought it pull a rough cut mower. One of the reasons that I bought it is that the brochure specs minimum overall width as 73". This is less than competitive models from CNH and Kubota that I shopped. It is also highly deceptive. Setting the rims in to minimum width, necessary for me to use it with my 6' cutter as planned, though possible, requires removal of the fender skirts and movement of the fenders. This is not a small operation and significantly interferes with ingress/egress. Once I understood the necessary compromises I elected to buy a 7' cutter instead, which was entirely unplanned. I also decided to keep my 2007 533 for use with my 6' cutter. I had planned to sell the 533 once I became familiar with the 2635.

Do your homework.

SDT

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635)
I neglected to answer how I use my 2635. I bought it pull a rough cut mower. One of the reasons that I bought it is that the brochure specs minimum overall width as 73". This is less than competitive models from CNH and Kubota that I shopped. It is also highly deceptive. Setting the rims in to minimum width, necessary for me to use it with my 6' cutter as planned, though possible, requires removal of the fender skirts and movement of the fenders. This is not a small operation and significantly interferes with ingress/egress. Once I understood the necessary compromises I elected to buy a 7' cutter instead, which was entirely unplanned. I also decided to keep my 2007 533 for use with my 6' cutter. I had planned to sell the 533 once I became familiar with the 2635.

Do your homework.

SDT

So, do you do any loader work much? What other brands were you looking at before buying the 2635?

/ M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #19  
So, do you do any loader work much? What other brands were you looking at before buying the 2635?

I bought a loader with the 2635 but have not yet used it. When I bought mine, MF had a so-called "free loader" program. I likely would not have bought it otherwise as I rarely use a loader. The loader seems to be fine although the plumbing to connect it and the remote hydraulic outlets to the tractor hydraulics is a Rube Goldberg. The joy stick is attached to the loader support frame on the right side rather than near the operators right hand as on more modern designs. This might be a bit of an inconvenience for one using the FEL routinely.

That said, It's probably good that I did buy it, because I've sold my NH T4050, my only other tractor with a FEL. It is being picked up in about a week.

I shopped CNH and Kubota at my closest dealer. I did not shop JD. Nor did I shop Mahindra or Kioti. The MF specs out better than competitive CNH and Kubota models, is heavier and costs less.

My biggest complaint is the lack of a step on the right side. None is offered, even as an option and it is quite a step up to the platform. Nor is there a hand hold on the right fender. I did buy another hand hold as is on the left fender and attach it to the right fender. This helps but a step is still much needed.

SDT

Last edited:
   / M.F. Utility Models (2625 & 2635) #20  
FWIW, I shopped MF when looking to buy and found them to a little backward in comfort and ergonometry. I had priced out a 1652 with cab and it was $35K. I ended up with the LS P7010 (70hp engine) for the same money as the MF 52 HP. I thought all the MF prices were a bit high for the quality of tractor and the controls seemed to be haphazardly located without much thought to ease of use. I'm not suggesting that you buy an LS although I think they are a better tractor, just that you look more for better pricing. For a 75Hp no frills tractor, you should be getting an air conditioned cab with it for $35,000