Price Check Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote #1  

Mac2411

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1742
I was just quoted $22900 for MF 1736 platform model with the 66" quick attach bucket on the FEL, 12X12 Powershuttle and R4 tires. This price was after application of any applicable rebates etc. and is with 3.99% financing. I know this is still a rather new model, but how does this sound to you all? Is there anything "extra" you all think I should try to get the dealer to throw in at this price? Any and all input would be appreciated.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote #2  
My dad was quoted similar for a 1635 which the 1736 replaces. I'd say that's a pretty decent price. I'm a fan of the Masseys myself.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote #3  
At least one rear Aux hydraulic port would be needed. Mine has the cab, so it came with one as standard, but two would be better. The skid steer bucket is great! I got a pair of forks and it only takes a couple of minutes to swap them.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote #4  
Good price.

Unsure if you have aniumals, MF had an equine rebate program on that you may be able to take advantage of, worth asking your dealer if it is still in effect.

/ Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote
Thanks to all who replied! Same dealer quoted me $16500 for a new 1532 with the 8X8 Synchroshuttle and FEL with quick attach. This also appears to be a decent price for that tractor.

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote #6  
Yeah my dad paid about 17500 for a 1529 with hst and loaded tires. Very nice tractor....

I like this dealer so for me the only debate is which of these two tractors to buy (I like Massey). I own 30 acres, of which about 2 acres is finish mowed, ten acres is in CRP (bush hogged 2x a year), 2 acres is in woods, about 3 acres is covered by two ponds, and the remainder is pasture that has been bush hogged a few times a year by the previous owner. Fencing is mostly non-existent so I will not be grazing any animals this year and will have to keep that pasture cut. I'll probably put in about a 1/2 to 1 acre garden and start fencing this year. When the ten acres in CRP comes out in three years, my wife and I plan to use a substantial portion of that ground to start a market garden vegetable operation so there will be some light tillage involved for that and other operations inherent in such an operation.

Either of these tractors would probably fit my needs, but the 1736 would be "easier" (more convenient) to operate with the powershuttle, telescoping links on the 3 Point Hitch and other more "modern" conveniences. The 1736 is also a slightly larger tractor with more weight and a few more horses. On the other hand, the 1532's smaller size could be an advantage in some situations and it's quoted price is $6400 less than the 1736. Decisions, decisions. Anyone care to weigh in on this? Any input would be welcome.

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 1736 Price Quote #8  
While I think either tractor would serve you well I would go for the 1736 if money allows. My dads 1529 which is the same exact size as a 1532 is a great tractor but he sometimes wishes he would've gotten the 1635 and he only has 13 acres. I think for bus hogging that much ground you'll greatly appreciate the larger tires and wheelbase not to mention power.

While I think either tractor would serve you well I would go for the 1736 if money allows. My dads 1529 which is the same exact size as a 1532 is a great tractor but he sometimes wishes he would've gotten the 1635 and he only has 13 acres. I think for bus hogging that much ground you'll greatly appreciate the larger tires and wheelbase not to mention power.

I appreciate the good input dbaer.