MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors

/ MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors #1  

MO MF Dealer

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson
Starting a new thread with images and features of the NEW 1700 Series Compacts to make it easier for others to learn about these new models.

IMG_1312.JPG

New Ground Level Fueling with Skid Plate Protection Under the tank.

IMG_1313.JPG

New Seat Suspension with 4 Different Height Adjustment. Just pull up on seat to cycle thru the 4 Positions.

IMG_1315.JPG

New Diesel Particulate Filter to Meet EPA Tier IV Emissions Requirements. Does Regen with Automatic or Manual Regen and has Digital Readout of Status of System. Diesel Particulate Filter but estimate life is 3,000 Hours before servicing required.

IMG_1316.JPG

WasteGate Turbocharger. Creates Max Turbo Boost at Low RPM and bleeds off excess at higher RPM to maintain higher turbo boost at all RPM Ranges.

IMG_1317.JPG

New Ground Level Fueling Top View and Left Side Cab Entry

IMG_1318.JPG

New Cloth Seat in Cab Versions

IMG_1319.JPG

New Steering wheel with horn and New Dash configuration.

IMG_1320.JPG

New Dash Panel with Multi Function LCD Display and Warning Lights

IMG_1321.JPG

New Headliner. More head room. Sun Visor, New HVAC Vents that are spaced more around the cab and easier to direct air where operator wants air.

IMG_1322.JPG

New Hazard Lights on Front of Cab.

IMG_1323.JPG

Left Side of Engine

IMG_1324.JPG

New Draft Control System on Rear End

IMG_1325.JPG

Rear End View of 1759 PowerShuttle

IMG_1326.JPG

Remote Fuel Filter and Water Separator and New Location for Mid Mount Hydraulic connections

IMG_1327.JPG

Right Side of the Engine

IMG_1329.JPG

High Pressure Common Rail Fuel Delivery System

IMG_1330.JPG

New Exhaust System exits Right Side and Very Quiet

IMG_1332.JPG

Right side step and fuel tank

IMG_1334.JPG

Right Side view of Skid Plate under Fuel Tank

IMG_1335.JPG

Right Side Cab Entry and Controls.

IMG_1336.JPG

New HVAC System mounted on rear of Cab to increase head room and ease of service.

IMG_1337.JPG

External PTO Start and Stop Switch. Hit once to stop PTO. Hold for 3 Seconds to Start PTO.

Here is some images from new 1759 we just got today. I'm going to try to shoot a video tomorrow showcasing the features. I can tell you this the 1759 is the quietest running engine of ant compact I've heard. Very impressed.

/ MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors #2  
Thanks for posting those pictures.

I previously owned a 1540 and was very satisfied with it, and now own a 1643 and even more so. Not sure about the new 1700 series, though, with all the emissions stuff crammed into it. Glad I bought this 1643 Hydro before they are all gone.

/ MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors #3  
The next obvious question is, what is the sticker price going to be for the 2014 1759?

Warranty I believe remains at three year?

/ MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors
List Price for 1759 Powershuttle with Cab R4 Industrial Tires $43,341.00
List Price for 1759 Powershuttle with Cab R4 Industrial Tires, DL130 Loader $49,825.00

There are tire Options, Accessories like Radio, Coolant Heater and more plus loader accessories that are available.

Consult your local Massey Ferguson Dealer to get exact quotes on current programs. There is a Cash Discount and you can get 3.99% for 84 Months or 0% for 72 Months Program available.

Warranty...We will know more after the AGCO Dealer Business Meeting in late January. It will be at least equal to the current 2 Year Full Coverage/2000 Hour with Bonus 3rd Year on Powertrain/2,0000 Maximum Hour. But there is some buzz it could become even better. But nothing in writing. So until it's officially announced I will only post the facts.

/ MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors #5  
OK, considerably more than its predecessor but to be fair I think the comparisons need to be made against its competion, by comparable tractors from other manufacturers and their new tier IV offerings.

As a dealer, can you tell us where you think MF sees this tractor competing in relation to JD and Kubota.

Not implying that you would but I'm not looking or asking you to bash other manufacturers, that isn't productive and wasn't my intent. Simply interested in things such as "highest HP CUT by any other manufacturer that offers ___________________________" or any attribute the MF line offers the others don't.

I'm sure MF has the prepared script for dealers when trying to sell their product, interested to read what that may be.

Thanks

It's always hard to compare Model versus Model especially when you have model change. We are also looking at Annual Price increase and 1600 Close Out Special Pricing. New feature additions changes price too. Just a quick look at December 1600 Series versus January 1700 Series Pricing.

1635 Platform or Cab versus 1736 Platform or Cab is about $1,800 Selling Price Increase. Most of that is going to be the normal 3% to 5% Price increase approximately $1,000. Plus you have to look at feature changes, added programing discounts that have been on place on the 1600 to close out remaining inventory before the 1700 Series arrives, also added Finance terms extended on 1700 Series from 72 Months on 3.99% to 84 Months and on 0% finance program from 60 Months to 72 Months. Those are all costs figured into pricing.

1759 Cab versus 1660 Cab is about $4900 difference. So there is more increase in cost.

Every manufacturer is going to be required to meet Tier IV Emissions and there is added cost to the additional components. Have not seen or heard any comparisons yet.

No prepared script from Massey. But I can tell you from my research and more importantly the research of my customers the things I hear are features and performance for the dollar. One big area is Massey Ferguson Hydraulics. Normally at the top of the class in performance and capacity. Hydraulics speed up loader functions, increase lifting capacity, 3 Point Hitch Capacity these are normally areas to compare. Massey Ferguson is a Premium Grade Product. Many Manufacturers are offering Value Priced Models but when you look under the paint at what really matters is where the differences are. Compare the Specs not the price. And get the best tractor for you and the budget you have established.

/ MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors #7  
Agreed that Massey Ferguson puts out premium-grade tractors, especially the CUTs like the 1600 series.

/ MF 1700 Series Compacts Tractors #8  
I understand there are differences in pricing from 1600 series to the 1700 series. I'd debate the number you provided for difference in prices because what I paid wasn't a significant amount less than prices I had been quoted a year prior, but that's a different debate. We knew price changes were coming as a result of tier IV so how they fare against other manufacturers will be the debate now. Changing models and the addition of new features seems like a good strategy, so long as it doesn't price the model out of the range of the people purchasing a tractor from that line.

How MF does in the future (read health of the dealer network - support networks - warranty support - maintain value of the investment etc) is important to anyone owning a MF product. What I was interested in was how the new MF line will compete against the 4XXX, 5XXX series or the two orange brands or blue brands as an example.

I'm in total agreemnet on the hydraulics, I spent over a year shopping and tried every make in my area, none had the capability (even at idle) that the MF tracors had when it came to hydraulics. There have been some reports that at idle the power steering could sometimes be stiff, I haven't experienced it on mine though.

Just got the Walk Around Video Uploaded I did on the new features of the 1700 Premium Series...hope it helps you learn about all the features of these new models.