New to me 07' GC2310

/ New to me 07' GC2310 #1  

m4co

Tractor
Searching for the right one
Hello all!

I have been lurking around gathering information on the right tractor for myself, I ended up with an amazing 2007 MF GC2310 w/ 180hrs, and in very great condition.
Thank you to every member who has posted on this forum as I gained a great amount of information that lead me to my purchase. Here are a few pictures and I will be around more often now that I have this beast of a machine :D

Also a big Thank You to Mayer Farm Equipment in Jeffersonville, OH. Each staff member were pleasant to deal with and I feel we did good on this unit @ $11,500 OTD

20140209_160646.jpg 20140208_150403.jpg

/ New to me 07' GC2310 #3  
Have the same machine - an 2005 model. Paid $15,600 new. Great machine. Have around 650 hours on it now. Got a used MF 2360 snow blower for it last fall. This winter it paid off.

Attachments

• gc-blower-2.jpg
    gc-blower-2.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 487
   / New to me 07' GC2310 #4  
Gongradulations on the new tractor. I'm sure you will love it. I wish we got a BH with our new to us tractor as well.

We also just purchased a new CUT late last year. Mahindra 3616 Cab HST 2010 with 160 hrs, $15,000. Sometimes those Craigslist "scams" are real!IMG_20131020_193335_368.jpg

/ New to me 07' GC2310
Thank you for the warm welcomes!! So far we love this machine!

We picked up a couple items for the GC this past week, don't worry I'll post pictures at the end

Also a few questions for anyone who might be able to help this newbie out. We picked up a used Land Pride RB1560 5' blade today for $325. I am worried the lift height is too low, it seems to be about 4" at max. We dropped the BH on the GC tonight and had a heck of a time getting the lift arms down, the PO seemed to have wedge them pretty good in between the lifts from the trans case. We did get them out though Also the lift rate knob seemed to be jammed and we had to use pliers and rag to break it free! After getting the BH pff we realized there was no Top Link, so a trip to TSC solved that with a Cat 1 16" Min length link. (Still learning the 3PH in's/out's)

1. Do you think this link is too big? I know there are shorter ones available, 13" comes to mind.

2. When using a blade for snow would I want the edge of the blade angling in TOWARDS the tractor more, or back away from the tractor? I.E. Scraping, or digging?

3. What color is the HST fluid supposed to be? After driving around a bit (drives and operates just fine) I noticed the sight glass was white!! This has me very worried, I know with motors when you see white it is no good!

The trailer we picked up is a 16' Dual 3500# axle Landscape trailer. New rims, tires, lights, decking for $875. I pulled one tire off an have all the info I need to install Electric brakes, and thank goodness both axles have the mounting plate already welded on! Now I get to go look at a 2005 F250 5.4 with 91k and no rust for an amazing price!!! Wish me luck

I know I have more questions and will be back again to pick your brains. I would also like to thank everyone for their replies and answers. I love this place!

Hopes these pictures turn out okay

Thanks!
M4CO

/ New to me 07' GC2310 #6  
Looking at your pictures I would say your top link is too long. A shorter top link would lift the blade off of the ground more as your lift arms would be lower. Congrats on your new purchase.

/ New to me 07' GC2310 #7  
If you bought the tractor from a dealer, shouldn't the top link have been provided?

/ New to me 07' GC2310 #8  
When I got mine the fluid was very dark.The first thing I did was change all the fluids (except antifreeze) and filters. Now the fluid is slightly honey colored but clear enough it's hard to see in the sight glass. I'd say you might want to do the same. Sounds like water in there.

/ New to me 07' GC2310 #9  
I just went and measured, my original toplink is 15" fully closed.Yours sounds like it should work. Just keep in mind that these machines have a limited Cat. 1 hitch meaning they can adjust to Cat. 1 width but are limited to the actual lift height,or that's the way I understand it.Mine has a lift range of about 24" between fully up and fully down. If the pins on the implement are too far off the ground it won't lift very high. I've ran into that on a few implements I wanted to use. They make implements especially for limited cat.1 tractors $$$ ,or if you're able you can modify what you have by dropping the lift points closer the the ground. They'd have to be about 5" off the ground to have full travel,which is way too low for most things.