Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here?

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here? #1  

Grateful11

Veteran Member
Wife and son are looking at possibly getting a 4609 or 4610 with a cab. Just wondering if there's anyone here with first-hand experience with the 4600 series.
Thanks

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here? #2  
I hear the transmissions are tight when new. Real tight. Other than that, I understand they are good tractors.

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here?
Tight as in hard to shift or something else?

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here? #4  
Tight to shift. Also seem to have low power until they warm up. Probably due to the emissions crap. Haven't really heard of any issues. Seats on the open stations are crappy. Tough to get set right to keep the buzzer off and be comfortable. Cab seats are pretty good though.

They're claiming that they don't use a diesel particulate filter but still meet the emissions standard without DEF. Never had a 3cyl. diesel here on the farm before, 4, 5 and 6 but no 3. Definitely looking at the cab model with air seat if available.

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here? #6  
You can put an air ride seat in there. It's not a factory option but it can be done. There's a you tube video of it.
Ran a 4608 open station for a few hours last year. Seemed to have good power after warm up. Fuel consumption seemed really good. After I Mickey moused the seat so it wasn't a low rider and did a field fix with a paper clip on the seat switch it was pretty nice to run. Sits good and high so there was good visibility for implements.
If there was a factory instructor seat available I think they could really steal some more sales. There's a real advantage with the way that tier 4is being handled with them.

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here? #7  
We've sold 10 of the 4608 and 4610 models been very very good. And YES Zero Exhaust Emission Maintenance! That new AGCO Power Engine was designed to meet Tier4 with no SCR or DPF Technology needed. Powershuttle is very nice and easy to operate. 6 Speed Fully Sychronized Gears with 2 Ranges. 6 Gears can be shifted on the go but Range Shifts need to be stopped. The seat has 4 Position adjustment for height just lift up and it will go to next stage. Nice feature for different height drivers. Our customers have not had any issues with them and been a solid performer. A HUGE step up from the 2600HD Models!

Thanks MO MF Dealer. The tractor looks like a winner in the utility range. No experience with a 3 cylinder engine. Would be interested to see how torquey it is. I've seen one run a disc mower and it was very smooth. My wife commented that it was the smoothest sounding tractor at the show.

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here? #9  
Wife and son are looking at possibly getting a 4609 or 4610 with a cab. Just wondering if there's anyone here with first-hand experience with the 4600 series.
Thanks

Bought one last year with cab and am very happy. Had a recall but have had zero problems otherwise. Use about a gallon per hour.

/ Anyone with any experience with the Massey-Ferguson 4600 series on here? #10  
This will sound silly but I know of more than one person who improved the ROPS seat suspension by sticking a soccer ball under it. I believe they are coming out with a spring kit to improve the ROPS seat suspension later this month. I see the newer ROPS tractors have a different seat on them now - looks like the seat from the 5400 ROPS tractor.