Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availability

/ Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availability #1  

Old_Hickory

Platinum Member
A neighbor of mine has a new Massey Ferguson tractor and he told me they give him a 3 year warranty,does Massey Ferguson really have a 3 yr warranty on there products ? Also how is Massey Ferguson parts service ? I know on John Deere most of the time after ordering you can have the parts overnight. Is this the same with Massey Ferguson ? Eventually I am thinking about going up in size from my JD 4400. The dealer that has the Masseys where I live is very reasonable and I could probably save my self a few thousand if I buy from him versus the local John Deere dealers. As far as I know Massey Ferguson makes a good product. Any other thoughts etc. ?

Thanks in advance

Old Hickory

/ Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availability #2  
MF warranties varies from one to three years, it depends on what equipment you are looking at. They also have extended warranties. I normally get my parts on the weekly parts order, but if I am broken down and need a part over night I can get it that way. Almost anything they can get over night. Massey took a real hit in the 1980's, but they have come back strong. At the present time, they have equipment that will match anyones in the farming sector.

/ Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availability #3  
Re: Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availabilit

Old Hickory- Massey Ferguson does not make their compact tractors, Iseki does.
Chuck M.

/ Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availability #4  
Old Hickory:

Yepper, Iseki does make the compact tractors.....and a nice tractor it is!!!!

Whiskey

Attachments

• 348713-DSC00016.JPG
    348713-DSC00016.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 509
   / Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availability
Re: Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availabilit

Not to sound rude,but in all honesty I really do not care who makes it as long as it made well(My John Deere has a Yamnar engine) and if I can get parts for it and it has a good company backing it. My next tractor will be the size of a John Deere 5000 series. Whether it be Kubota/Massey etc.

/ Massey Ferguson warranty and parts availability #6  
Old Hickory,

I also compared the JD and the Massey. It boiled down to a functionality comparison and a price issue.

I broke the comparison down to compare apples to apples. Same feature fuctions and then their costs.

Then I started asking people and other dealers what they thought of the two products. It's amazing what the Kubota and New Holland dealers will say about their competition /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Then I asked folks who owned them and mechanics who worked on them. The Massey was the choice for me. Also parts can be here (The Sticks Virginia) overnight.

In the end that JD green was going to cost me almost $4000 more then the Massey red.

Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

28Red