GC1705 Purchase/Review

/ GC1705 Purchase/Review #1  

ChrisInKY

Tractor
MF GC1705
Very happy with my purchase.

I operated a Ford 1710 growing up and recently bought a TZ25DA used (long story but don't have it any longer).

Comparing it to the TZ:
1. Louder with and without mower operating, but not by much
2. Exhaust layout much better, not inhaling diesel fumes constantly.
3. Engine layout smarter, the NH had the engine rotated 360. The fan was sucking from the front and after a quick cut the blue tractor had green teeth from all the stuck grass.
4. Mower deck on the GC seems a bit lighter duty, but thats just looking at it, the drive belt is significantly less wide (not that it matters so far in cutting).
5. The TZ had 2HP over the GC, but when engaging the deck it just went, RPMS didn't drop, they do a good bit on the GC.
5. Parts seem to be cheaper comparing similar wear/rebuild items at the two tractor's dealers
6. Sensitrack (auto 4wd) on the NH was nice, but not missing it that bad
7. A spot I never got stuck on my old cub cadet lawn mower, or the TZ the GC got stuck, but for a good reason, the frame would flex slightly on the other two machines, the GC had two tires in the air, 2 on the ground, slipped it into 4wd and out I came. Frame seems more solid.
8. Cuts grass GREAT compared to the cub and better than the TZ
9. Operator platform is more spacious than the TZ, and cruise control is std, not a $1000+ option
10. Not a fan of the seat/seatbelt. I have some decent hills and I slide around in the seat and find myself taking the seatbelt off and back on frequently because its about to cut me in 1/2 - anyone else have this issue?

I got mine with the FEL and that seems to be nice, never had one before but so far it's VERY easy off and on.

I'm waiting the dealer ordered toothbar (which may never come?!?!?!) and I had pre-ordered a hydro filter guard bracket but then found it came with it from the factory - pleasant surprise!

That's all I got for now, so far happy to have switched from Blue to Red!

Chris

/ GC1705 Purchase/Review #2  
Truth be told, from your review it seems as if you like the NH better.

/ GC1705 Purchase/Review
Should have specified, these #'s are in favor of the GC lol

/ GC1705 Purchase/Review #4  
Congrats Chris, enjoy and best of luck with your new toy!

/ GC1705 Purchase/Review
5 hours in, mows great, have done a ton with the FEL, had 3 tons of landscaping rock delivered, prepping the area with it too - its just awesome. Bxpanded toothbar arrives tuesday for more fun!