Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Default Re: Can I get your opinion please?

While HST is certainly faster for loader work, it can also get annoying as well. In order to get any power to the ground to go into a big dirt pile, you have to rev the RPM's up a good amount, this in turn, makes the joystick controls very touchy. You get used to it and learn to feather it pretty good, but it's still rather annoying.

I have an HST, and am starting to think that I would prefer a power shuttle. I have a power shuttle JD 410 backhoe and I have never minded using that, in fact I prefer it sometimes. Some of the newer HST's have an automatic throttle of some sort that senses when you need the extra power and adjusts rpm as needed. Perhaps this would be the best setup, but I've never used one personally so I don't know.

If you've never had an HST, and think you'd be happy with hydro shuttle, you most certainly will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    I just don't understand folks aversion to the rocker pedal.
    Like so many things, it's all just personal preference. I personally really dislike the rocker pedal, and, don't even get me started on why those idiot engineers put the brakes on the right side!
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC

They both have there pro's and cons for sure . I have both and really like the ps on my M5700 . I like being able to work at 17 -1900 rpms with just about everything I do with it and the fuel economy is great . I like the low noise level . I have an hst 2650 for mainly doing snow blowing, mowing grass and the hst is outstanding for that job. If it wasn't for the noise level I can honestly say the hst has some good advantages , providing you have ample HP. . Much depends on what the tractor will be used for .

Tractor
    Massey 1643

We'll I've been at the dealer to test out the PS twice and I can certainly say I definitely prefer the PS over my 1643 HST. I really can't stand my HST to be honest.
    Massey Ferguson 1643
    FEL with QA 72" bucket and pallet forks
    SpeeCo QH
    6' Kodiak tiller
    4' Howse rotory cutter
    6' back blade
    Old 9' pull disc

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeereRack View Post
    We'll I've been at the dealer to test out the PS twice and I can certainly say I definitely prefer the PS over my 1643 HST. I really can't stand my HST to be honest.
    As I posted earlier, almost all the work we do on the farm with our 1643 is with the loader. In that application, it outshines the Powershuttle. If we did more ground-engaging work, I would prefer the Powershuttle hands-down.
    1994 Dodge dually Cummins 5spd
    2003 F-350 Supercab 4x4 7.3L
    2013 Massey Ferguson 1643
    Husqvarna GTH26K54T lawn tractor

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by DeereRack View Post
    I just did the opposite ... played with a 1759 power shuttle at the dealer a couple weeks ago, and couldn't stand it!
    Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" mower
    2007 F450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipt Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft QA snow plow (still under construction)

345 flawless hrs @ 11/5/14

Tractor
    Massey 1643

Quote Originally Posted by TSO View Post
    I just did the opposite ... played with a 1759 power shuttle at the dealer a couple weeks ago, and couldn't stand it!
    Yeah my dad loves his HST too. That's the main reason I went with it.
    Massey Ferguson 1643
    SpeeCo QH
    6' Kodiak tiller
    4' Howse rotory cutter
    6' back blade
    Old 9' pull disc

Tractor
    Massey 1643

I should be taking delivery tomorrow on a 1749 PS cab. Making the swap with my 1643 HST platform! Pics to come.
    Massey Ferguson 1643
    SpeeCo QH
    6' Kodiak tiller
    4' Howse rotory cutter
    6' back blade
    Old 9' pull disc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123