Tractor Sizing Can I get your opinion please?

/ Can I get your opinion please? #1  

DeereRack

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060 HST CAB
Currently have an MF 1643 platform, hydrostatic trans. And thinking of upgrading to a cab tractor and getting the power shuttle. Being you lose a little horse power with the Hydro, would the 1736 be comparable in HP? Or should I stick with the 1742? My 1643 has done everything I've asked it to do, as far as HP goes, just want a cab and the PS trans.

Has anyone priced the 1742 and 1736 with cab and PS?

Thank you!

/ Can I get your opinion please? #2  
   / Can I get your opinion please? #3  
if i was you id get the biggest hp cab tractor you can afford.because it takes 5hp or more to run the A/C radio and heater.

/ Can I get your opinion please? #4  
Currently have an MF 1643 platform, hydrostatic trans. And thinking of upgrading to a cab tractor and getting the power shuttle. Being you lose a little horse power with the Hydro, would the 1736 be comparable in HP? Or should I stick with the 1742? My 1643 has done everything I've asked it to do, as far as HP goes, just want a cab and the PS trans.

Has anyone priced the 1742 and 1736 with cab and PS?

Thank you!

I would say keep the HST, and go up to a 1648 cab. You also would get a much stronger loader with the DL130 on the 1648 vs the DL120.

I might know someone that would sell his 1648 HST cab. Low Hours, excellent condition, still under warranty.

/ Can I get your opinion please?
I would say keep the HST, and go up to a 1648 cab. You also would get a much stronger loader with the DL130 on the 1648 vs the DL120. I might know someone that would sell his 1648 HST cab. Low Hours, excellent condition, still under warranty.

Thank you all for the input! I'm currently in negotiations with my dealer on a 1749 PS Cab. We are a little far apart but hopefully come to an agreement soon. He does have one on the lot and I got to fiddle around with it for a while and came to the conclusion I like the PS trans. better than my HST. Call me nuts, it's ok!

Thank you for the offer on the 1648, but I think new is my only option with the financing AGCO has going on right now.

/ Can I get your opinion please? #6  
Thank you all for the input! I'm currently in negotiations with my dealer on a 1749 PS Cab. We are a little far apart but hopefully come to an agreement soon. He does have one on the lot and I got to fiddle around with it for a while and came to the conclusion I like the PS trans. better than my HST. Call me nuts, it's ok!

Thank you for the offer on the 1648, but I think new is my only option with the financing AGCO has going on right now.

Lol, no prob. So what kind of pricing are you getting?

/ Can I get your opinion please?
Lol, no prob. So what kind of pricing are you getting?

$37,750 for the 1749, loader, skid steer quicktach, 72" bucket. R4 tires.

I'm looking to get a little more for mine on trade than what he's offered so far.

/ Can I get your opinion please? #8  
Having owned a 1540 Powershuttle and now a 1643 Hydrostatic, I can tell you the loss in power going from gear to hydro is significant.

Don't get me wrong, I like my Hydro for what I use it for, but it doesn't pull (or push) like the Powershuttle did. It's also more noisy. The thing that makes Hydro worth it is the quickness while using a loader. That's it. The Powershuttle does everything else better.

/ Can I get your opinion please? #9  
$37,750 for the 1749, loader, skid steer quicktach, 72" bucket. R4 tires.

I'm looking to get a little more for mine on trade than what he's offered so far.

Super ouch....

/ Can I get your opinion please? #10  
The thing that makes Hydro worth it is the quickness while using a loader. That's it. The Powershuttle does everything else better.

Brush hogging, or finish mowing with an HST is also faster, and more efficient if there are any obstacles, back/forth required....very much like loader work.