massey GC1705

/ massey GC1705 #1  

l2350ken

Tractor
l2350dt
I am considering a massey gc1705,with a mmm and a front mount snow blower.I do not want a FEL as I have a L2350 Kubota,with a Fel,and a back blade.I live in northern mi.,what dealers are outstanding and whom should be avoided.I am perfectly capable of doing my own maintenance,as I have split my kubota to fix clutch rod that froze up due to not enough zerk points which I have addressed.I have already looked at yanmar,kubota,mahindra and kioti.The massey is made by Iseki,and they have been making engines and tractors for a very long time,I talked with a mechanic at a dealer in Omer mi. and he confirmed Iseki is very good.Though I read a lot of posts sadly I do not post much,but the knowledge base on this forum is tremendous,any and all comments welcome.

/ massey GC1705 #2  
I'm just beginning to seriously look at SCUT's and am at the tire kickin' stage ... got my first look at a GC1705 last week and liked what I saw. Thought it was very comfortable and thought it felt more solid than the 1025r climbing off and on. The twin pedal setup was easier for me to use than Kubota's setup on the BX2370. It looked like it was easy to maintain- everything including the fuel filter looked readily accessible. Their "Summer Special" posted price seemed competitive- $10,500 with 2325 60" mower deck (no loader).

Can't help you with the dealers in northern MI (I'm in western WI) but hopefully someone who is familiar with them will chime in. I was impressed with small family run dealership I went to, highly recommended by my boss who is an ex-dairyman. Told them upfront that I wasn't ready to buy and was just looking but yet they took the time to answer all my questions and thanked me for coming in. Best of luck no matter what you decide to buy ... let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:
   / massey GC1705 #3  
Bought mine this summer, have almost 50 hours on it, got the 60" mmm and the FEL. I LOVE this thing. It is the best grass cutting machine I've ever owned (1.5 acres) 1/2 hill 1/2 flat. Cut my mowing time in half, performs flawlessly and is just over all a great machine. I've been very happy. Bought mine at Prenger Implement in Ohio and got a great deal. Well worth the 2 hour drive 1 way for me rather than deal with the 45min away dealer, service is just that much better (and the price was right).

I looked at Kioti, Kubota and owned a New Holland TZ25DA for a month or so prior (long story). Cuts better than the NH.

My only complain is I'm still getting use to the mower height adjustment. It's a knob rather than lever and a little hard to be precise with. Other than that I've done a ton of grass cutting, 4' box blade work, moved 3 tons of decorative stone with the FEL, and about a triaxle of dirt. Love this thing!

/ massey GC1705 #4  
Bought mine this summer, have almost 50 hours on it, got the 60" mmm and the FEL. I LOVE this thing. It is the best grass cutting machine I've ever owned (1.5 acres) 1/2 hill 1/2 flat. Cut my mowing time in half, performs flawlessly and is just over all a great machine. I've been very happy. Bought mine at Prenger Implement in Ohio and got a great deal. Well worth the 2 hour drive 1 way for me rather than deal with the 45min away dealer, service is just that much better (and the price was right).

I looked at Kioti, Kubota and owned a New Holland TZ25DA for a month or so prior (long story). Cuts better than the NH.

My only complain is I'm still getting use to the mower height adjustment. It's a knob rather than lever and a little hard to be precise with. Other than that I've done a ton of grass cutting, 4' box blade work, moved 3 tons of decorative stone with the FEL, and about a triaxle of dirt. Love this thing!

I had a few questions - how easy/difficult is it to remove/ install the mower deck? Do you mow with the loader on or off and how difficult is to remove and attach the loader? Can it be serviced easily with the loader on? TIA

/ massey GC1705 #5  
Mower deck is very easy. Takes a few times to get use to it. Having the loader on when removing the deck makes it a lot easier (can cheat and lift the front end a bit to help with clearance).

It is heavy, the wheels and a good concrete floor make it a snap though.

I mow with the loader off, if you had flat land it might be ok, but I have a lot of odd hills in the back, so I'd have to raise/lower constantly to clear the terrain. The loader is very easy on/off so I just take it off. It's 4 quick release hydro hoses and two large pivot pins. There are arms that fold down to support it. Even my first attempt only took me a few minutes and I'd never had/used a loader before. I've gotten much better. My only suggest is gloves to avoid the hydro fluid mess made dis-and re-connecting the hoses.

Service wise, the hood opens easy and I blow the engine out after every cut as well as the radiator grass catcher, no problems. I've not had to change the oil yet, but to check the oil is easy with the loader and and lowered.

Hope that helps!

My only "meh" about it is the tail lights being on the roll bar, I've heard others remount them onto the inside which I might try, only real problem is a couple close calls working on 3pt attachments and almost smacking my head after standing up, but haven't done it yet.

Chris

/ massey GC1705 #7  
Yes - its just residual stuff in the hoses, nothing horrible but enough to get things dirty.