Buying Advice Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea?

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea? #1  
Tractor
2004 Fendt 209 P, 2014 Massey Ferguson 5612, 1998 John Deere 5510N
I was in at Massey dealer discussing the MF 5612 tractor. I saw that they offer a visio roof (moonroof) this in the 5600 series. It is a $1500 option but would be nice to have as I do a lot of stacking round bales in tight barn spaces. There was a comment that the visio roof adds heat during the summer and on hot days, and could overpower the air conditioner. Anyone have any information on this? Cabs are nice unless they are hot so maybe not an option I should pursue. Thanks all

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea? #2  
The glass has a sunshade you can use to shade the sun and help the a/c. I haven't had any issue but it's probably a little Milder summers up here in the north.
Really can't beat the visibility when using the loader at its upper height. It's nice to open it on those mild days too.

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea?
Thanks MFRED. I reluctantly decided against on this option as it was more than $1000 and I would have to wait 5 months to get tractor from factory. I hope I don't regret it when I start stacking round bales in the barn.

Last edited:
   / Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea? #4  
They are an excellent idea, makes life easier.

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea? #5  
We faced the same decision when ordering our MF 5609. After talking with the area rep, we decided against the visio roof. The main reason was heat in the summer. Being in South Carolina, it can get fairly brutal. There are times when it would have been nice to have the extra visibility, but I've become quite adept at bending forward a little, craning my neck, and looking up. At the same time, I've yet to have the AC struggle no matter how warm it has gotten outside. Hmmm... maybe I should have done the visio roof.

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea?
Thanks TjKARAR for your comments. Sounds like you maybe had the same dealer as mine also warned maybe visio roof adding too much heat. A tractor cab is like a glass globe out there already absorbing a lot of heat. Glad to hear you haven't had any A/C issues.

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea? #7  
I've had the glass tops in several cars. The ones with sunshades were fine but without the shades you will bake.

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea? #8  
They have an insulated panel that slides to close the visio.

/ Visio roof option on MF 5612, is it a good idea? #9  
Hi,
In Tunisia,we have the commun tractors range no more than 95 HP.As a farmer I have a small kubota tractor (L4740-49HP) wich is used for light jobs...
By facing the net, I'm very pleased and attractived by the Massey Ferguson tractors (as I owned an MF275 before) like the MF 5600 and MF 6600.
I have a big Farm (50 hectars) and my land is composed by shale ,which is hard to plow,so my FRIENDS please I need you advice .( my favourite tractor is the MF5612) please your advise will be in concederation becuase I have no idea about this tractor generation.Thank you for every body.

Last edited: