Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #1  
Tractor
2004 Fendt 209 P, 2014 Massey Ferguson 5612, 1998 John Deere 5510N
How much DEF will a 5612 use.

Hello all,

Just ordered A MF 5612. If you are shopping for a MF, check into the Equine Discount.

On the downside, I don't care to much to know have a tractor where I have to add DEF (Diesel Exhaust fluid). Anyone out there have experience for how much DEF I will consume. They say one tank of DEF 6.6 gallons to two tanks of diesel (49 gallons x 2).

Thanks

Steve

Last edited:
   / Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #2  
I don't know much about the DEF in tractors, my friend has the DEF in his new 1500 Diesel Ram, and it lasts between oil changes - however it does use more in the winter than the summer he learned. Hopefully it lasts more than two tankfuls of fuel!
Sorry, but thought even that tidbit might help (glad I got mine before such newfangled stuff)

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #3  
Welcome aboard. The AGCO SCR system is thebest way to go, more efficient than cooled egr, which now requires def to meet T4.

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #4  
Congratulations, that is a beauty!!

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #6  
It may be apples to oranges, but the DEF in our Cummins powered Ram 2500 seems to last forever. Congrats on the tractor.

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #7  
Congrats on the new rig, that tractor is a beast! If you got the loader with it, that's one heck of a loader :thumbsup:

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #8  
I have a MF 5609 and absolutely love my tractor! With the 3 cylinder Sisu motor, I don't have to mess with the DEF. However, there are a lot of advantages when it comes to efficiency to have DEF. It is an added fluid you will need to keep on hand, but it won't be all that bad. Can't wait to see some pictures of the 5612!!!

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612 #9  
Re: How much DEF will a 5612 use.

Hello all,

Just ordered A MF 5612. If you are shopping for a MF, check into the Equine Discount.

On the downside, I don't care to much to know have a tractor where I have to add DEF (Diesel Exhaust fluid). Anyone out there have experience for how much DEF I will consume. They say one tank of DEF 6.6 gallons to two tanks of diesel (49 gallons x 2).

Thanks

Steve

Congratulations on the new tractor. Where did you get it? I think S&H Tractor is the only Massey Dealer in Springfield but I may be wrong.

/ Proud to be joining the Massy Family with a MF 5612
Re: How much DEF will a 5612 use.

Hello RADROCK,

I bought the Massey 5612 at Marshfield Machinery in Marshfield MO. About 25 miles from Springfield. They are a Massey, Heston and Mahindra dealer. They've been in business for like 60 years. S&H is a big dealer in our area also but offer mostly New Holland, Kioti tractors. We bought our Tedder and hay rake there. Both of these are Rhino brand and have been good.