Buying Advice Understanding GC1715 3 pt. hitch implements.

/ Understanding GC1715 3 pt. hitch implements. #1  

AxleHub

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey scut 2015 GC1715
Greetings,

I'm trying to understand how "strong" is a gc1715 3 point hitch. The brochures claim the lift capacity of the 3 pt. Hitch is 1,190 lbs.. But straight up lifting is different than carrying or pulling something.

So let's say you have 3 pt. forks and you want to have a small water tank to carry (no trailer etc). Obviously that tank isn't sitting right over the hitch pins . . Its over the forks whole size. How does a person calculate if 50 gallons is no problem . . . Or 30 or 75 so as not to damage the 3 pt. hitch? (Especially considering leverage).

/ Understanding GC1715 3 pt. hitch implements. #2  
If it will lift it it won't hurt it. The relief valve should kick in before that happens. I don't know how to calculate actual lift.

/ Understanding GC1715 3 pt. hitch implements. #3  
No need to overthink it here. Calculations can be done, but it's not really worth it in my opinion to spend any time doing it. As mentioned, the relief valve will kick if it there is too much weight, just like the loader. Water is ~8 lbs per gallon, 100 gallons would be 800 lbs, plus the tank itself. Start there, and make adjustments up or down as needed.