Forum activity.......?

/ Forum activity.......? #1  

ErikVann

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey ferguson 1742
Hello everyone,
I haven't spent too much time on the other brand specific forums so the level of activity on the MF buying/pricing forum may be par for the course. Is the relatively low level of activity here a function of few people shopping for Massey tractors? Is there just a low level of MF owners on this forum? Are there other forums with a more robust MF ownership and a more lively discussion?
The kubota vs kioti comparisons and arguments on the general forums are entertaining but are beginning to grow old and with out a whole bunch to add or any real interest in the on going discussions there I find myself wishing there were more activity here on the MF specific forum.
CuriOS what your thoughts are on the matter.

/ Forum activity.......? #2  
Once a person buys a certain brand of tractor, there really isn't all that much more to talk about in a specific tractor forum. Most of the activity is on the Rural Living and Projects sections, where people with all sorts of tractors are doing interesting things. They are also building stuff, working on their land and raising animals.

When I get on here, I click on the Todays Posts and scroll through everything that's been posted recently regardless of brand of tractor or what category it's in.

Eddie

/ Forum activity.......? #3  
Hello everyone,
I haven't spent too much time on the other brand specific forums so the level of activity on the MF buying/pricing forum may be par for the course. Is the relatively low level of activity here a function of few people shopping for Massey tractors? Is there just a low level of MF owners on this forum? Are there other forums with a more robust MF ownership and a more lively discussion?
The kubota vs kioti comparisons and arguments on the general forums are entertaining but are beginning to grow old and with out a whole bunch to add or any real interest in the on going discussions there I find myself wishing there were more activity here on the MF specific forum.
CuriOS what your thoughts are on the matter.

Greetings Erik,

Your notice of post volume in Massey vs kubota is spot on. I think there are far less posts in the massey forums because there are far less Massey owners . . . as yet.

1st . . TBN activity in many area is about sub compact/compact/small mid size equipment. And Kubota has the lead growth and quantity since 1997.

2nd . . I knew about kubotas and cub cadets since 2006 but the first time I saw a Massey scut was March 2015 . . Yet I now own a Massey GC1715. I've been noticing quite a few new GC owners . . but many dealerships are Kubota and dealt with White or AGCO . . not Massey till 2013. In 2013 AGCO said "carry Massey or forget White AGCO".

I believe you will see many new and continuing posters on Massey side because Massey is just really getting the GC1700 developing on a national basis.

The GC2300/GC2400 etc. series was a fine product group but many like myself never heard of them till now.

/ Forum activity.......? #4  
Once a person buys a certain brand of tractor, there really isn't all that much more to talk about in a specific tractor forum. Most of the activity is on the Rural Living and Projects sections, where people with all sorts of tractors are doing interesting things. They are also building stuff, working on their land and raising animals.

When I get on here, I click on the Todays Posts and scroll through everything that's been posted recently regardless of brand of tractor or what category it's in.

Eddie

I couldn't pleasantly disagree more Eddie. Ownership becomes very specific . . and so do the needs and topics. Who understands your equipment issues more than others who have the same thing?

I believe that buying is a flurry of comparisons . . but owning and operating is a steady stream of troubleshooting or adding items or new uses or self-servicing complicared equipment.

I counted more than a dozen new owners in just the last month and each will have interests to explore . . and each month there are new to add to the existing. Coming up to winter should really bump up needs/problems/fun uses/unexpected operator learning.

Your seeing Kubota forums very busy . . They have 15 to 18 years in . . Massey only has 3 or 4 years in.

/ Forum activity.......? #5  
years ago, this place started as 'www.kubota.com' so maybe there is simply a skewing of brands because of that start?

/ Forum activity.......? #6  
One thing worth mentioning, is that many forum posts deal with issues or problems that come up with their machines ... And there doesn't seem to be many threads related to problems with the Massey (Iseki built) compacts.

It seems like the Massey ownership group is growing on this forum, but the newer "low cost" brands like LS & Kioti offer a good package with a better price than most other brands, and their ranks are growing much more quickly.

I think we'll start to see Kubota and JD ownership percentages drop soon.

/ Forum activity.......? #7  
. . . . .

It seems like the Massey ownership group is growing on this forum, but the newer "low cost" brands like LS & Kioti offer a good package with a better price than most other brands, and their ranks are growing much more quickly.

I think we'll start to see Kubota and JD ownership percentages drop soon.

Its a virtual certainty that their (Kubota and john Deere) percentages will decline . . . but that doesn't mean their quantity of sales can't increase. They owned the whole market area so they accounted for virtually all activity . . but now there is more activity. But for every machine 8 or 10 other vendors sell . . the percentages change. Now there is more to compare to . . more to consider besides orange or green.

Last edited:
   / Forum activity.......? #8  
Its a virtual certainty that their (Kubota and john Deere) percentages will decline . . . but that doesn't mean their quantity of sales can't increase. They owned the whole market area so they accounted for virtually all activity . . but now there is more activity. But for every machine 8 or 10 other vendors sell . . the percentages change. Now there is more to compare to . . more to consider besides orange or green.

Agreed, I'm not saying that their sales numbers will decline, just their overall percentage of new purchases.

/ Forum activity.......? #9  
Agreed, I'm not saying that their sales numbers will decline, just their overall percentage of new purchases.

Exactly . . and I unstood what you were saying. :)

The interesting thing to me . . is how the market for the scut and cut products (and implements) has grown exactly when the farm markets for the bigger dollar products has shrunk dramatically. Think what would implement dealers have done without the big expansion of product and buyer interest.

Sounds like sorguhm is the want to be planting product and corn is the oh no choice for 2015 with wheat and beans paying the bills if the fields took hold.

/ Forum activity.......? #10  
I couldn't pleasantly disagree more Eddie. Ownership becomes very specific . . and so do the needs and topics. Who understands your equipment issues more than others who have the same thing?
Nah, I'll agree with Eddie. Unless something goes wrong, which we all know never happens :cloud9:, tractors is tractors. Need a tooth bar? Piranha is brand neutral. Want LED lights? Brand neutral. Quick connects, hoses, valves? Brand neutral. Mirrors, rear view camera, chain saw scabbard? Brand neutral.

I too find more joy in Customization and Projects than in individual brand forums (though I read most of those, too).