"massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines"

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #21  
I have a 1030 Massey Ferguson, I can't get hardly any new parts for it. I'll be retiring it later this year with a Kubota or a Branson!
The 1030 was built by an over seas company Toyosha with Hinomoto engine (or vise versa) that went bankrupt years ago - its hard to fault Massey for that. Winmac is correct.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #22  
The 1030 was built by an over seas company Toyosha with Hinomoto engine (or vise versa) that went bankrupt years ago - its hard to fault Massey for that. Winmac is correct.

Massey put their name on it they should own it. Support and all. They could get another company to make the parts.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #23  
Massey put their name on it they should own it. Support and all. They could get another company to make the parts.

Gm and ford and chrysler make parts for product 10 7ears out at most. Maybe thete are some in inventory but 10 years supply is it. You want a compy to have parys from 1970 and 1980 ???

What company makes parts (molds , jigs and all) for that time frame?

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #24  
MF still have parts support for a lot of the parts on the TA series that came in 1947, my MF135 from 1971 is still a supported model.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #25  
And a lot of these Japanese tractor makers never get it right, constant redesign of the basic design for no particular good reason. They don't understand the concept do it right and you can use the design for years and years.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #26  
Gm and ford and chrysler make parts for product 10 7ears out at most. Maybe thete are some in inventory but 10 years supply is it. You want a compy to have parys from 1970 and 1980 ???

What company makes parts (molds , jigs and all) for that time frame?

I get parts from Bayliner for my 1985 boat. Ford 8N parts are still available. My friends 35 year old Kubota has parts at the local dealer. Ford still makes parts for all of the Mustangs.
It can be done if the company wants to do it.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #27  
I get parts from Bayliner for my 1985 boat. Ford 8N parts are still available. My friends 35 year old Kubota has parts at the local dealer. Ford still makes parts for all of the Mustangs.
It can be done if the company wants to do it.

Most of what you are describing is parts that are either:

1. Produced and interchangeable with more modern product

2. Were INVENTORIED parts not yet exhausted

3. Or are specialty parts or replacement parts created by a 3rd party due to very high volume sales demands.

But the original topic were tractors that were poor sellers with low demand. Inventoried parts are based on a percentage of sales . . and low sales means low quantity parts produced for repair or replacement.

On top of that the tractor products were made by a vendored out company and then the engines made by a vendor of the vendor. Bankruptcy wipes out inventories as they get scraped or sold for next to nothing AFTER thw original contracts expired. Likely Massey didn't even know about the bk activity until long after it was gone . . Same with engine plans, molds , fixtures , die sets, etc.. Your expectations of 45 year old parts availability is not logical or reasonable for a low selling product imo. Antique motorized products are classified at 20 years and older.

This next week I'll be seeing many antique tractors at thw MN state fair. Some will be from the 70s and 80s.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #28  
Sorry, but by law GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc., supply parts for at least 10 years rather than at most 10 years.

SDT

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #29  
Sorry, but by law GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc., supply parts for at least 10 years rather than at most 10 years.

SDT

If you owned a grand caravan in 2011 or 2012 that was an older unit or maybe a 2003 or 2006 and your rear air unit went out . . You were out of luck. Every one of the had been bought by a few dealers/service shops because they failed often and there were no replacements. I know a shop that had over a hundred of them in stock and no one else in hundreds of miles had any.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #30  
No wonder people like Kubota. Probably the best at making as much of their tractors in house as there is. They have no one to point the finger at down the road nor do they often need to. This supplier swapping catches up to the tractor brand at some point.