"massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines"

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #1  

pdubdo

Tractor
Kubota L3901
Shopping for my first tractor and have good Kubota dealerships in the area. Have been looking at their L series, but a friend talked me into checking out Massey (solid, dependable, good value for $). I called a dealer who said that they stopped carrying MF because they couldn't get product/parts for their smaller tractors. They said MF was focusing more on their larger model tractors. The 2600 series line looks to be about what I'm looking for, but now I'm concerned about the service side of things down the road. Appreciate any advice or rebuttal to this rumor.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #2  
I have a 1030 Massey Ferguson, I can't get hardly any new parts for it. I'll be retiring it later this year with a Kubota or a Branson!

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #3  
Massey seems to be switching most of their production to Iseki. They now have two new tractors in the 2700 line; the 2705e & 2706e. I think they're at 48 & 57HP. They are offered in 8x8 or HST. They look to be competing with the Kubota MX4700/5200 tractors.

I'm wondering if they will phase out the older TAFE tractors and have pretty much all Iseki from 100 HP and down.

That may be why you are having trouble getting parts... Just a guess

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #4  
I think that would be a good thing switching over to all Iseki for 100 h.p. and under.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #5  
If they don't support their older compacts how long will it be before they start not supporting my GC2400??????? Ed

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #6  
Perhaps the issue is more like Massey can no longer get support from the manufacturer of the small tractors.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #7  
It's been my experience with any of the compact brands that parts availability gets slim when they get to that vintage.
Agco has just sunk a bunch of resources into the 100 hp and down series. It seems around here dealers that are committed to sell they're tractors are doing well.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #8  
Not so here, seems more small Masseys than I've ever seen, dealer has quite a few too. And moves quite a few. I have a 4600, I do think it is moving to one supplier. Makes 100% business sense. May want to a least look at 4600. Dealer had a open station, 2wd version of 4608, very reasonable. I have a FWA 4610 with cab n FEL.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #9  
Maybe they should start to make their own tractors so they had control over the product, many Asian manufactors don't take parts supplies seriously, MF still support parts for tractors made almost 70 years ago.

/ "massey is not supporting their small utility tractor lines" #10  
Shopping for my first tractor and have good Kubota dealerships in the area. Have been looking at their L series, but a friend talked me into checking out Massey (solid, dependable, good value for $). I called a dealer who said that they stopped carrying MF because they couldn't get product/parts for their smaller tractors. They said MF was focusing more on their larger model tractors. The 2600 series line looks to be about what I'm looking for, but now I'm concerned about the service side of things down the road. Appreciate any advice or rebuttal to this rumor.

I'm confused. Everything I see is that Massey is considerably expanding their dealership efforts . . . Especially related to Massey's smaller tractors.

Here's just one example: in late 2013 many kubota dealers in WI and MN became Massey dealers as well as continuing their Kubota dealerships. Prior to that time I'd never seen a Massey GC2400 or Gc2600 etc.. Suddenly all these dealerships now had GC1700 product. And because the GC2400 and gc2600 are compatible for service and most every part . . anyone with a GC2400 or GC2600 gained huge quantities of service locations and parts access including implements etc..

Now I've heard the Massey dealer expansion is also quite active for small tractors in many other states too . . but I've not seen it with my own eyes like I have in a dozen dealerships here.

Massey invested heavily into developing their 1700 series cut tractors with several frame sizes and a huge spread of small to mid sized hp engines. And the GC expansion assures a GREATER presence not a smaller one and much wider parts availability . . not less.

Iseki engines and tractor building has a 30+ year history of Massey positives and quality. Kubota, Iseki, and Yanmar are the engine and tractor design and build best imo.

And have you noticed how Massey's changes have increased U.S manufacturing. Just as one of many changes . . The new Massey DL95 front end loader . . Is made in the u.s.. And they also make 4 other loaders for the larger cut tractor products too . . again all U.S. made.