Tractor News MF 4700 Series

/ MF 4700 Series #1  

JWR

Elite Member
Tractor
MF 2660 LP, 3 Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.
Where is the new 4700 series being built ? Japan or ?? The literature shows no cab models (which is fine with me since I can't use a cab model...) .

Things I like in advance are the bevel gear front drive (much better maneuverability than my 2660), choice of 12 speed manual or hyd shuttle trans (better than my 2660 8 speed) , range of HP offerings, etc.

They SAY low center of gravity but not sure what that means compared to a low profile tractor.

Wonder what the price range may be compared to the 4600 series ? They sure seem to overlap which makes me suspicion that they are from different primary manufacturing country sources (like Brazil versus Japan...).

/ MF 4700 Series #2  
I think MF are made in France.

/ MF 4700 Series #3  
"All the tractors in the Global Series are designed in France and the parts are sourced from existing suppliers however, construction takes place in China."

Source

/ MF 4700 Series #8  
Looks very similar to the 26xx series built in Brazil or India. Seems to be alot of negative reviews on those machines.

I'd say go for the 46xx series, built by Iseki in Japan.

/ MF 4700 Series #9  
"All the tractors in the Global Series are designed in France and the parts are sourced from existing suppliers however, construction takes place in China."
Source

Probably those machines destined for south asian markets are assembled in China, I can't see the economy in shipping unassembled units to china assemble them and re-sending them back to europe. Whatever was saved on labour was taken up by shipping

/ MF 4700 Series #10  
I'd say go for the 46xx series, built by Iseki in Japan.
Bingo. I'd trust equipment built in Japan far more than equipment built in China. For the amount of money being charged for this stuff, it only makes sense.