Seriously considering MF 1758 - any info???

/ Seriously considering MF 1758 - any info??? #11  
Maybe 89 hours on unit now. A light snow winter so not sitting in this thing much and it's so efficient that I get much done in a few hours. I have regenned twice automatically and then once when I was at soot level 5 I did a manual regen to see if that would work. I just drive and work the tractor normally and the only thing one might notice is a slight odor as the chamber burns off the crap in the particulate filter. I am not worried about the engine and feel Massey and Mitsubishi got it right. Power is all I'll ever need for a 240 acre tree farm. Loader and the snow blade work great. I attempted a cold start without plugging it in and I failed to get it started at -15F but only tried twice. At 8 above it fired off. I plug it in but wanted to know the limits. I find that the 4 wheel drive is required most of the time for pushing snow anymore than several inches. The tractor wants to get sideways otherwise. I can raise the snow blade 2 feet and put 1/3 of the blade into a rock hard 4 foot snow bank and just drive on through the entire length of my runway winging it out as I go. The Beet juice is really great for pushing snow and traction. Only gripes are the wire wraps and plastic conduit near the oil dipstick. You would think an engineer could place a oil stick away from other shittt that gets stiff and won't flex in the cold. I still have stiffness in the range lever. It is possible to place the selector in a range and the tractor will move forward only to ratchet into neutral and a little grinding occurs. I am very careful to make sure I am in range 100% but being in a hurry this has happened twice. Getting my third function hoses off and on are sometimes a chore. One needs to turn off tractor and turn key in on position and rock the third function button but I still need to do this several times once in awhile. Also the third function speed on my snow blade is fairly slow, slower than the loader. I could stand for it to be twice as fast to keep up with the speed of tractor as I try to direct the snow. In summary a great unit thus far and I've plowed in -20F temps. Warm and smooth in cab and quiet. Love my Massey

Last edited:
   / Seriously considering MF 1758 - any info??? #12  

/ Seriously considering MF 1758 - any info???
Good to hear your experiences have been good with 2 different Massey tractors. I ordered the 1758 last week, very excited to see it and get it to work. Sounds like a made a good choice, even like the paint color haha.

/ Seriously considering MF 1758 - any info???
Awesome looking tractor, your dog doesn't like being filmed lol. I have a six month old yellow lab myself. I ordered my 1758 last week, ready to see that thing.

/ Seriously considering MF 1758 - any info??? #15  
Congrats! I'm sure you'll love it, I sure am happy with mine.

/ Seriously considering MF 1758 - any info??? #16  
I prefer a two pedal hydro setup over the treadle pedal design, too. Curious how you like the suspended hydro pedals on the Massey? I've always used floor mounted style on JD, Case IH, LS. Not sure how I'd like the suspended style, but the rest of the tractor looks top notch.