New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board....

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board.... #1  

deedoubleyou

Tractor
MF GC1710
First time saying something here. I just bought a new GC1710 yesterday, and figured since I read so much info from this site while I was deciding which tractor to buy, I may as well become official here so I can interact.

Anyway I wanted to say thanks to all the folks here so willing to share good info. The stuff I found here made buying my first tractor feel a lot more informed for sure. I looked at all the major brands, but in the end I couldn't find one I liked better than the Massey. It may have helped that my only real life tractor experience came on my uncles old Massey that he lets us use for food plots and such. I'll post pics while I'm doing work. This machine will get a heck of a workout this summer, especially the backhoe. I have 30 acres and a honey-do list the size of Texas.

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board.... #2  
Welcome!! Some super duper information here for sure.... Very responsive fast answers too.

Do you mind divulging what kind of deal you were able to get?

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board....
I got the loader and backhoe package for just under 16,700, with 0% financing. Could've done an $850 rebate but it didnt apply with the 0%. It was under 4% with the rebate but in the end the 0% won me over. It sure makes it hard to pass up when you're already in the market lol.

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board.... #4  
G'day Mate and welcome to TBN from Downunder.

Enjoy the site and your new rig.

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board.... #5  
I got the loader and backhoe package for just under 16,700, with 0% financing. Could've done an $850 rebate but it didnt apply with the 0%. It was under 4% with the rebate but in the end the 0% won me over. It sure makes it hard to pass up when you're already in the market lol.

Sheesh i was quoted 18900 which is including a 2600 cash discount...... I have to ask for a better price i guess

I dont know if it helped, but mine was new but a leftover that had been siting on the lot for over a year --its not a 2016. I dont know if this helped either, but I worked on the company I bought it from's electric not too long ago also as a contractor and struck up a good relationship with those guys. I was prepared to spend 18k lol.

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board.... #7  
That's by far the best price I've seen for this type of set up. I was looking at upward of 22K or more for my package if I wanted a backhoe. I did MMM, Dozer blade, and rotary cutter and I was near 20K

Mjb, daaaaang, I honestly wasnt aware. I mean I knew that we were getting a good deal, but didnt realize they are closer to 20k with that setup! I figured I was saving a grand or so, but it seems like it could be more. I felt like the list was around 18, but honestly I never knew for sure because this place doesnt list prices out in the open on anything except small and used stuff. But regardless, I'm excited as a kid on Christmas about this machine, and plan on posting some pictures or even video clips of the projects I'll be using it for here on my land if folks wanna see that stuff.

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board.... #9  
Welcome to TBN and congratulations on your new tractor, sure seemed like a good deal on a nice machine.

/ New MFgc1710 buyer and new to message board.... #10  
Congrats on the new maybe! Welcome aboard!