Buying Advice GC 1705

/ GC 1705
I am happy to announce that my new machine arrived this week, GC1705, Australian loader 2400SL with 4 in 1 bucket. I have just done 4 hours on the machine and very happy with it. I have used it to move large blackwood logs, clean up wood piles, clean out spoon drains and level parts of a gravel driveway. All without double handling things and my back is thanking me. Having the bucket is just so handy I cant believe I have not done this sooner. Thanks to everyone who provided feedback about their machines and answered posts on this forum. The information available here is extremely beneficial to anyone who owns a tractor or thinking of buying one. Cheers.

/ GC 1705 #12  
Bronzey,

Someone will mention the tradition of new tractor picture needed. However I'm mentioning it because you are talking about some options we don't have in the U.S.. like what is an Australian 2400sl loader? What does it look like ? And did your gc1705 not come with a dl100 or dl95 loader?

Again the idea of a 4 in 1 bucket . . Is that a Massey option we don't have in the U.S. or is that a 3rd party item in Australia?

Also ive never heard thebterm "spoon drains" before. Are blackwood logs a type of tree or any tree that has been aged ?

Sounds like you will have many uses and benefits for your new shiny red tractor. Happy days :)

/ GC 1705
Bronzey,

Someone will mention the tradition of new tractor picture needed. However I'm mentioning it because you are talking about some options we don't have in the U.S.. like what is an Australian 2400sl loader? What does it look like ? And did your gc1705 not come with a dl100 or dl95 loader?

Again the idea of a 4 in 1 bucket . . Is that a Massey option we don't have in the U.S. or is that a 3rd party item in Australia?

Also ive never heard thebterm "spoon drains" before. Are blackwood logs a type of tree or any tree that has been aged ?

Sounds like you will have many uses and benefits for your new shiny red tractor. Happy days :)

The 4 in 1 bucket is a Massey option, and in Australia we don't have access to the DL 95 or 100 loaders. The loaders are made here by Burder Industries. I hope to post some photos soon. A spoon drain is just a shallow drain shaped like a spoon , hence the name, that usually runs alongside a roadway or can even traverse a paddock (field) to move water to a particular location such as a dam. Blackwoods are a type of tree. The timber is often milled and used for furniture making. Loving the tractor.

/ GC 1705
012.jpg003.jpg

Some photos of my new tractor showing the 4 in 1 bucket. Done about 11 hours and going great! Made light work out of spreading and levelling 5t of crushed rock.

/ GC 1705 #15  
I wish we could get the 4-1 bucket here. Very cool