Buying Advice GC 1705

/ GC 1705 #1  

bronzey

Tractor
MF35 and GC1705
Hi there

Im looking at getting a small tractor soon with a 4in 1 bucket and having trouble deciding between a good 2010 used iseki ( 1 year warranty) 200 hours and a new massey GC series 1705. The price difference is about 2.5k extra for the new massey. Not planning on doing any mowing just loader work , on flat and sloping land. I know they are both good Japanese tractors probably made in the same factory.

Would be grateful to hear from anyone with an iseki tm 3240 regarding performance, reliability and parts availability.

Also anyone with a GC 1705. I have done some reading on the massey and they seem pretty good. Are the GC's more for lifestyle type buyers??How do they go out in a rough paddock?

Thanks and cheers.
Bronzey

/ GC 1705 #2  
Welcome to Iseki/Massey territory :)

Correct me if I'm wrong but Isekinhas been making Massey GC subcompacts since 2006??? So I guess I'm wondering what a 2010 Iseki is comparable to . . a GC2300 series or a GC2400 series orva GC2600 series product.

But here are a few points to consider in favor of the GC1700 series.

While $ 2,500 is real money . . it doesn't seem like a big cost difference when considering what you gain.

1. Its 5 years difference in depreciation . . and it has the Massey name and known dealer network for parts. I don't know that an Iseki uses the same parts just becausevthe samw company builds both units.

2. A 5 year warranty instead of no warranty.

3. You get to do the breakin process. 200 hours is not a big number either . . . but was it 200 easy hours or 200 hard hours . . appearances can be deceiving.

4. You can get AGCO financing options which are easy and attractive going from 0% up to 3.99% and from 24 months to 84 months.

5. You can get very very inexpensive insuranxe from AGCO that covets many issues homeowners does not. My GC1715 is covered for 5 years for less than $300 for the entire 5 years.

6. I could continue listing points . . . but I think this point is significant . . .the DL95 loader is standard on the GC1705 now. And the DL95 loader imo is a big improvement over whatever loader the Iseki had or the DL100 had for the earlier Massey GC products.

Because I don't know the 2010 Iseki . . . I can't compare features for you. But I'm certainly wondering why a 2010 Iseki would be in our domestic market . . . is this a gray market imported product ?

/ GC 1705 #3  
Welcome to Iseki/Massey

Because I don't know the 2010 Iseki . . . I can't compare features for you. But I'm certainly wondering why a 2010 Iseki would be in our domestic market . . . is this a gray market imported product ?

The member posting is in Australia. The same post was made in the buying/pricing forum. Did you wind up buying the Massey Bronzey? The Iseki looked like it had a little more ground clearance and slightly larger frame. How rough is your paddock?
Other than that the Massey looked to have better specs and hydraulics.

/ GC 1705 #4  
Oops . . I thought the 4 in 1 bucket was odd. They don't offer those in the U.S do they?

But as I recall . . MF is in Australia also as is indicated by op ability to get a gc1705. Is the Iseki tractor a larger unit?

/ GC 1705
Oops . . I thought the 4 in 1 bucket was odd. They don't offer those in the U.S do they?

But as I recall . . MF is in Australia also as is indicated by op ability to get a gc1705. Is the Iseki tractor a larger unit?

Apologies for the confusion everyone! Yes im in Australia and as you can probably tell, a first time forum user.

It can be overwhelming looking into buying a tractor with so much information and this forum is an awesome help.

The used Iseki was also around 23 HP and looked to be a good unit, but I decided to buy a new machine as there was not a huge difference in the money.

I have ruled out the cheaper chinese tractors and the Koreans, just too many bad news stories around,particularly the chinese.

The GC 1705's seem to get a pretty hard workout over there in the states and from my reading have little trouble, and a very capable machine.

The only other machine that has raised its head is the 1023E john deere, which I don't know much about??, who have pretty good finance packages, but I reckon ill be sticking to the Red!

My local dealer is away for a few days, but ill call him when he gets back. Cheers

/ GC 1705 #7  
Hi there

Im looking at getting a small tractor soon with a 4in 1 bucket and having trouble deciding between a good 2010 used iseki ( 1 year warranty) 200 hours and a new massey GC series 1705. The price difference is about 2.5k extra for the new massey. Not planning on doing any mowing just loader work , on flat and sloping land. I know they are both good Japanese tractors probably made in the same factory.

Would be grateful to hear from anyone with an iseki tm 3240 regarding performance, reliability and parts availability.

Also anyone with a GC 1705. I have done some reading on the massey and they seem pretty good. Are the GC's more for lifestyle type buyers??How do they go out in a rough paddock?

Thanks and cheers.
Bronzey

Welcome to TBN, I can tell you the Massey GC is small but very powerful machine that will do pretty much anything a larger tractor will do, it will just take a little more time depending on the job. Obviously jobs that take a lot of weight or HP to do it may not do. But it is a real tractor. I love mine and I have had larger framed tractors.

/ GC 1705
G'day Cobber and welcome to TBN from Tassie.

Where abouts are you?

Hi Mate, im in Victoria. Went to Tassie earlier this year, top place. Very dry over there, was surprised, hopefully will get some rain soon. Cheers

/ GC 1705
thanks, appreciate your feedback. I like the massey for a number of reasons, but also noticed on the specifications the engine has a larger displacement figure than say the JD 1023E, and also runs at optimum rpm of 2600 where as the 1023E with a smaller displacement quotes a higher rpm of 3200. im no mechanic but tipping a lower rpm for max torque would be best for engine longevity.

/ GC 1705 #10  
thanks, appreciate your feedback. I like the massey for a number of reasons, but also noticed on the specifications the engine has a larger displacement figure than say the JD 1023E, and also runs at optimum rpm of 2600 where as the 1023E with a smaller displacement quotes a higher rpm of 3200. im no mechanic but tipping a lower rpm for max torque would be best for engine longevity.

I really liked the gc1705 compared to jd or mahindra . . and if you look at the GC1715 compared to the gc1705 you have the same frame size frame and weight balance but the engine is tuned to produce 2.5 hp more . . the pumps produce an added .5 gpm and an additional 1 hp at the pto locations. Also the gc1715 has an improved supported contour seat plus it has both coil and spring seat suspension for added comfort and longevity.

I love that I can operate the fel or 3pt starting around 1600 rpm at good speed and by 2000 rpm I can be lifting loads and plowing snow. I mulch lawn at 2400 to 2600 rpm ranges depending on thickness and height. But when needs arise I can gonupnto 3000 rpm for maximum forklifting needs or high draw pto needs or log/rock lifting. Both the gc1705 and gc1715 are great "value and comfort" choices with front flow engine cooling and diff lock features. And if mid moount mowers are a consideration . . No one makes a wider choice of decks including the true mulching deck wuth 6 blades that I have.

Last edited: