Buyers Remorse

/ Buyers Remorse #1  

Bevis

Tractor
None yet
I bought a new massey tractor a week ago from a smaller dealer and was told it would be delivered today and they would contact me regarding when it would arrive. Well today came and there was no contact until I initiated it and then was told they can't deliver until Thursday. The reason given was they did not have time to deal with it. I am now nervous having just paid a significant amount of money that I made a bad decision going with massey. I should have listened to the advice here about dealers; however, when I was buying they acted completely different. Could I ask for a refund or am I screwed.

/ Buyers Remorse #2  
That sucks.

I would call the dealer and tell them they need to prioritize the current customer since you will be the one telling others what to expect from his/her dealership.

/ Buyers Remorse #3  
Personally, I would get my money back if possible and find a better dealer. There are good and bad dealers of all brands.

/ Buyers Remorse #4  
I guess when you pay in advance, that sort of gives them the upper hand.

/ Buyers Remorse
Thanks for the advice and sorry for the rant. I am just really annoyed mostly that they were just not going to show even bother to tell me the delivery was being delayed.

/ Buyers Remorse #6  
All the more reason to call the dealer owner and let him/her know what has transpired and not accept what you have received.

/ Buyers Remorse #7  
Depending on the deal and state laws I would get my down money back.

They may continue to put you off any time you need something. Breaking from them now will be easier than later.

I didnt sign or put any money on the table until there was a tractor sitting in front of me and my trailer sitting next to it.

/ Buyers Remorse #8  
Is that EXACTLY what they said? It seems half the people are out of work and the other half are run off their feet. Sometimes you simply can't live up to your committments. A phone call would have been nice though. Some people wait half a year to have a truck delivered with seemingly endless further delays.

My Dad always said, if you want problems, just buy yourself something. Sadly, I find he was right, much of the time.

Last edited:
   / Buyers Remorse #9  
Pretty shabby customer service no doubt for not calling you. Go talk with them face to face before you make any decisions after you cool down.

/ Buyers Remorse #10  
I believe if you haven't taken delivery of the equipment yet then you could always cancel the deal.

As for saying its Massey's fault, I wouldn't bash the brand. To me it's simply the dealer that is poor. If they don't have time to deliver your purchase, how do you think they will treat you when hey have to it up for warranty work etc. I'd pass on the dealer.