Buying Advice MF2615

/ MF2615 #1  

Nolove

Tractor
Ford n8
Ive been looking at buying a new tractor I think I've narrowed it down to the MF2615 it just sticks out to me my first question can anybody give me a short and sweet review on it... Would you buy it again anything you would do different if you could go back.....
I will be using it for basic farm use movin hay getting pastors ready to plant and so on..... My second question is I found a MF 2615 4wd with front loader it has right at 100 hr on it ( was a rental return) the dealer price is $25,500
he says it's as good as he can do...
I fully understand dealers have to make money I'm just wanting to know how much negotiation room per say is there in the tractor market I would love to get a implement or two but at that price it really hits the most I feel comfortable spending I'll take any buying advice y'all have
Thank you

/ MF2615 #3  
I have had a 2615 for almost a year. Bought mine used with about 35 hours on it. At this point I am very pleased with it. This tractor replaced a Kubota L3800. I liked the Kubota and never had any major issues but I have expanded my operation greatly and needed a regular farm utility tractor in the 2615. I too use mine for raking hay and light tillage use and doing some brush cutting. I would guess your price is fair and reasonable. I paid 20k for mine but no FEL.
Maybe my only regret in my purchase would be maybe just buying a brand new model of the same size so I would have had a full warranty, mine will be up in a couple of months. As for whether I'd buy another I'd say yes at this point but will be able to better confirm that in another year as I feel the jury is still out. I've only had a couple of minor issues covered by warranty and the service has been great from the dealer.

/ MF2615 #4  
Helluva buy for $17600 but look where its at. 2615 with the Perkins/Simpson engine produce their power at a real low RPM. I believe PTO 540 tach reads 1790 or something like that. Gotta love the Perkins. Lift capacity of 3 point pretty impressive on the 2615

TractorHouse.com | 215 MASSEY-FERGUSON 2615 For Sale

/ MF2615 #5  
Simple, heavy, easy on fuel, get the shuttle transmission option if you plan on doing a lot of loader work (that is true for any tractor)

/ MF2615 #6  
I picked up my 2013 2615 4WD (600HR) with a new Quicke 200N FEL this weekend. It replaced a 1648 4wd with FEL. Overall the new tractor is heavier, I found this out when I loaded it on my trailer and had to position the rear tires over the axles to get enough tongue weight.

For power the 49HP 4 cylinder Perkins has a lot more low end torque than the 48 HP 3 cylinder Isuki, and it is a very fuel efficient motor. The only thing I miss is the automatic shuttle shift in my 1648 vs. having to use the clutch with the shuttle shift on 1615. I believe the newer models offer clutch less shifting but not sure. The price he quoted seems inline with what I was seeing on the market.

/ MF2615 #7  
Love my 2615,solid no frills no bs tractor. It just works,is simple and gets the job done.at the price you aren't losing,I'd say jump on it