CB85 Backhoe Quick Attach Question

/ CB85 Backhoe Quick Attach Question #1  

Wolfman

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 MF 2706E HST
So I started out looking at the Massey 1734E, but have decided that I need to move up to the 2700E series. I am also interested in the CB85 Backhoe, but I can't find any information at all on how it attaches to the 2700E series tractors. I have seen other tractor companies call their backhoe attachment systems 'quick attach' when they were anything but. Can anyone who has seen these explain how exactly the backhoe connects and disconnects from the tractor? I'm hoping that the connection doesn't require getting under the tractor and connecting rails to a subframe. I'm hoping the process is a easy and quick one.

Thanks for any insight...

/ CB85 Backhoe Quick Attach Question
So, I think I was able to answer my own question. I went on agcopartsbooks.com and was able to view the subframe assemblies in the parts diagrams. It looks like the CB85 does have a long frame that goes under the tractor. The CB75 backhoe, however, looks like it is a quick connect using the rear of the tractor only (no frame that goes under and all the way to the front of the tractor) - similar to that seen on the GC1710 and GC1720.

If anyone comes across this and has any experience with the CB75, please give me any input concerning the ease of attachment / detachment of the CB75 backhoe.

Thank again.

Alright, so I will update this thread one last time - because my last post was wrong. The long frame I was referring to, is actually permanently attached to the tractor - so it does connect similarly to the other Massey backhoes. The only downside to the backhoe mount is that it prevents the use of Category 2 attachments and also rules out the use of top and tilt kits. I haven't seen one in person, and as a result decided to skip the backhoe on my purchase. I don't use Category 2 implements, but with the extendable 3 pt link arms, I am sure I would use the clearance that would no longer be available with the backhoe mount attached to the tractor...

/ CB85 Backhoe Quick Attach Question #4  
Would have replied earlier, but I don't have any experience with the larger machines. The CB65 on my GC1720 goes on and off pretty easily. I don't see any interference with 3pt implements other than the "wings" for the backhoe mount do make it a bit harder to get in there and make connections/adjustments.

How does the backhoe mount prevent the use a cat 2 implements? Prevents the lower arms from spreading out far enough? If you don't use cat 2 implements, why is that a problem?

How does the backhoe mount prevent the use a cat 2 implements? Prevents the lower arms from spreading out far enough? If you don't use cat 2 implements, why is that a problem?

I think you are correct, in that the bh mount prevents the link arms from spreading out wide enough to attach to Cat 2 implements. For me the issue possibly would be in using the extendable link arms and having the space to spread the arms out wide enough in order to easily maneuver the ends on the pins - I just don't know how restricted the space would be, since I can't find one to look at. I switch implements often enough, that I want to make sure I don't add anymore difficulties to the process. I have some implements that seem non standard and are wider than the rest - and I would imagine this would cause some difficulty.