MF 1533 1540 and other owners opinions/info?

/ MF 1533 1540 and other owners opinions/info?
Congratulations! Your bargaining Kung Fu is the best! That looks like an excellent deal.

I didn't do much bargaining as seller lowered price down to the 10k or 11k in conversation a few weeks after initial contact. I was going to go for a couple grand less, but he was moving with kids tuition due etc. Anyway, he seemed happy with 11k and I was a little more so! I was told it had two engine oil changes, but no hydro oil change. However, he had a set of filters he threw in which was cool! And a sprung 7' King Kutter rear blade that he was throwing out as scrap.

My original budget was around 8k and under 10k. I was looking for something, even without a loader as I have my Kubota, like your 1529 (1531), or a New Holland 1533, but the prices were all around 15k. I had been looking for quite awhile, and just thought if and when I'll buy, but no hurry. It was odd how it all came together over 4 weeks or so on a Craigslist listing. This is a larger frame tractor for sure but with more FEL lift I am happy to have it and for my uses and at this price...couldn't beat it.

Wobblin, yes I would have preferred the PowerShuttle for sure. In addition to PowerShuttle this one is basic (but will do the job) and also lacks the SSQA, deluxe hitch and has loader control valve on loader frame rather than floor mount pedestal. I am going to get an SSQA, bucket and forks at some point yet this summer.

/ MF 1533 1540 and other owners opinions/info? #22  
Just bought a 1540 w/1525 loader at auction. Haven't even picked it up yet or checked it out in great detail yet. But it was a a pretty low hour machine and was able to talk with owner in great detail about the machine. So this is my first post and first Massey!

/ MF 1533 1540 and other owners opinions/info?
Congrats...and welcome to the forum. Post some photos when you get it!

/ MF 1533 1540 and other owners opinions/info? #24  
Just bought a 1540 w/1525 loader at auction. Haven't even picked it up yet or checked it out in great detail yet. But it was a a pretty low hour machine and was able to talk with owner in great detail about the machine. So this is my first post and first Massey!

You won't be disappointed.