Finally Brought My New Massey Home

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home #1  

Wolfman

Bronze Member
Tractor
2016 MF 2706E HST
Well, this time around I promised myself that I would make my life easy and not go crazy over analyzing my tractor purchase. It started out with me looking at adding a loader to my John Deere 5045D, which after getting quotes seemed to be a pricey proposition.

So I figured it was time to get a new tractor. I started looking at John Deere again, and I was all over the board. Really for my use, I could see the need for both something small like a SCUT and something larger like a large compact or smaller utility tractor. I looked at the John Deere 1 Series, the 4000 series, cabs, backhoes - it started getting crazy.

Where I am John Deere has the most dealership presence, followed by Kubota. There is a smaller Massey dealer not far from me, and having owned a Massey Ferguson 1547 about 15 years ago and really liking it - I decided to give them a shot.

I started out looking at the 1700E series and then moved up to looking at the 1700 series cab tractors. I then started looking at the 2706E and really thought it was a lot of tractor for the money. The cash incentives they were running until the end of June were fantastic. I was toying with the idea of getting a backhoe for it - but when I saw the cash discounts they were giving on the GC1710 SCUTS, I almost added a second tractor to the purchase (my backhoe needs would be minimal, and I think the 1710 backhoe would have been fine for my usage).

In the end, I decided to be rational and just upgrade from my John Deere to the 2706E. After playing with it briefly, I have to say that I am impressed and it really reminds me of my old 1547. The crazy thing is that I didn't pay much more for the 57 Horsepower 2706E in 2016 than I did for the 47 Horsepower 1547 in the early 2000s. I'm really happy with the tractor and the price point that Massey was able to come in at.

Attachments

• IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1868.JPG
    431.3 KB · Views: 732
   / Finally Brought My New Massey Home #2  
Very nice. Please share the price if you feel comfortable as I'd love to upgrade.

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home
Very nice. Please share the price if you feel comfortable as I'd love to upgrade.

Sure, I don't mind sharing the details. I paid $25,538 for the 2706E HST w/FEL, factory rear remote and a Woods RC6 rotary cutter. There was a $500 rebate on the cutter through Massey, and I paid $665 towards it, so the total for the tractor without the 6' cutter was $24,873.

The local dealer did not have in stock what I was looking for (Hydro transmission) and we found one up in Tulsa, so I went up there to pick it up, just over 200 miles each way. I am glad I did decide to transport it myself because when I got there, the tractor we dealer traded for did not have the correct tires (it was different than the invoice and delivered incorrectly by Massey), so the dealer up there (Eric Sutton at Sutton Tractor - a fantastic guy and great dealership) worked to put me into a tractor he just got delivered since it was configured correctly with the tires I wanted.

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home #4  
Congratulations, very nice tractor.

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home
Here is a shot of my old one going out and then a shot from the dealership with the new one loaded and the John Deere getting left behind...

Attachments

• IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 621
  • IMG_1978.jpg
    IMG_1978.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 615
   / Finally Brought My New Massey Home #6  
Congratulations, have fun with the new tractor.

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home #7  
Its a looker for sure, sounds like a great deal too.

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home #8  
Your 5045D looks like a twin to mine which I dearly love. I can understand wanting the FEL.

What I would really like is a AC cab, especially in this heat.

Whoever buys your JD is getting a good tractor and looks like everyone will be happy.

Good luck

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home #9  
Sure, I don't mind sharing the details. I paid $25,538 for the 2706E HST w/FEL, factory rear remote and a Woods RC6 rotary cutter. There was a $500 rebate on the cutter through Massey, and I paid $665 towards it, so the total for the tractor without the 6' cutter was $24,873. The local dealer did not have in stock what I was looking for (Hydro transmission) and we found one up in Tulsa, so I went up there to pick it up, just over 200 miles each way. I am glad I did decide to transport it myself because when I got there, the tractor we dealer traded for did not have the correct tires (it was different than the invoice and delivered incorrectly by Massey), so the dealer up there (Eric Sutton at Sutton Tractor - a fantastic guy and great dealership) worked to put me into a tractor he just got delivered since it was configured correctly with the tires I wanted.

Thanx Wolf, I'm sure the bh is a good 7k more so we'll see. Thanx again and best of luck, she sure is purdy. :D

/ Finally Brought My New Massey Home #10  
Congrats Wolfman, That is a great deal! Hope it serves you well.