Buying Advice Looking at the MF GC1720

/ Looking at the MF GC1720 #32  
One note on Over State Taxes, We are close to the border of Oregon, which has no sales tax. If you buy a tractor (which does not require vehicle registration) and you have it delivered to your house by the the Dealer, you will have to pay taxes. If you buy the tractor and haul it yourself, you can bypass the tax situation. I also live in CA as well but have not had the pleasure of purchasing from out of state heavy equipment. I imagine it is the same issue.

/ Looking at the MF GC1720 #33  
But if someone other than the dealer delivers it to you . . Its also not taxable.

/ Looking at the MF GC1720
I hate when people start a thread and then do not finish it with an ending, so here is my last post on this thread. My local Massey salesman was a pain to deal with and after taking the time to think about it I decided that a SCUT was going to be to small for five acres, if I needed to get into very tight places or was limited to a small lot then a SCUT would of been my choice. I also could not stomach the thought that these California dealers think they get to charge thousands of dollars more than any other state. So I went on tractor house.com and found a 2016 John Deere 2032R with 34 hours from MN. and saved thousands.
The tractor is the perfect size, small with lots of power and I am really enjoying it. I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my thread, your feedback was very helpful. :)

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...g/371081-any-words-caution-buying-2016-a.html

Last edited:
   / Looking at the MF GC1720 #35  
Too bad about the dealer, but if you weren't happy with them, best you did go elsewhere. Thanks for the update.

Your tractor certainly does look new! (But green.... :) Must be nice to have some flat land!

/ Looking at the MF GC1720 #36  
I love a happy ending!

Getting to enjoy a tractor, luckily the exact perfect size no less. Compared to the drudgery of shopping for the wrong size tractor with greedy California PITA sales people. A happy ending for sure!!

/ Looking at the MF GC1720 #37  
Just curious Catman - did you check for Massey series 1700 series (not GC 1700 series) on tractorhouse also ?

/ Looking at the MF GC1720
Just curious Catman - did you check for Massey series 1700 series (not GC 1700 series) on tractorhouse also ?

No, because my LA135 was really lonely and wanted to be reunited with its dad.
IMG_1097.JPG

Kidding aside, I did look at the E models and I just did not like the bucket controls out front, having the controls close to my right arm is where you want the controls to be when your operating, also that rocker pedal would dive me nuts, and the MF dealer is an hour drive from my house while the JD dealer is ten minutes so that was another issue, and to be quite honest with you all tractors are made off shores so I really see no loyalty to any of them in particular. So to answer your question after I test drove the JD at my local dealer and liked the layout and the feel of it I stopped looking at the MF. I own a MF 30B, I just need to get off my butt and fix it because the lifting capacity of a small tractor ain't crap.

Last edited:
   / Looking at the MF GC1720 #39  
I recently came across a website tractor house.com and there is a dealer Bruno's tractors out of Cabot, Arkansas, he's advertising a MF GC1720LTB FOR 17,200. Free shipping and no tax. Does anyone have experience with This dealer or have opinions on this price.

That's my question too. His price is even lower now. I did a search and the dealer also sells all sorts of powersports equipment, ATV's and motorcycles. I ran across complaints but they all seemed to be about motorcycles and ATV's. I like the tractor prices but I'd be nervous about paying for a tractor to be delivered sight unseen from an unknown dealer several states away. Probably a question of is the relatively large savings worth the risk. They evidently have their own truck and make their own out of state deliveries.

/ Looking at the MF GC1720 #40  
That's my question too. His price is even lower now. I did a search and the dealer also sells all sorts of powersports equipment, ATV's and motorcycles. I ran across complaints but they all seemed to be about motorcycles and ATV's. I like the tractor prices but I'd be nervous about paying for a tractor to be delivered sight unseen from an unknown dealer several states away. Probably a question of is the relatively large savings worth the risk. They evidently have their own truck and make their own out of state deliveries.

I bought from him. No problems, at all. "New" tractor came with 18 hours or something on it. There was not a scratch on it though, looks like they let it idle a long time. Have had ZERO problems with it, and I haven't been kind. I'm at 65ish hours now...still no problems.