Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060?

/ Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #1  

plowhog

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey 1710 / 1758, Ventrac 4500Y / TD9
I own a Massey GC1710. Very pleased with it. Have 45 hours on it now at a 2 acre property.

For another property, about 90 acres, doing mowing and clearing logs and brush, I had settled on a Kubota Grand L6060 cab model. Well over $60,000 with goodies and attachments. But no dickering yet. And I haven't signed any agreement yet.

My Massey dealer just suggested a Massey 1758 instead. Cab model. I don't know anything about them. I've seen a L6060 cab model at the Kubota dealer, but nobody has a 1758 near me. So its an evaluation of what I have seen versus what I read about or see on youtube.

How do you compare a Massey 1758 with a Grand L6060 from Kubota?

/ Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #2  
First thing, print out ALL the specs for each machine.

Compare.

If both are acceptable to you, then go and see one or at least one of the same series size.

The ergonomics of one may fit you better than the other.

They are both very nice machines and IMO you would not go wrong with either one. But again, one may simply fit YOU better than the other.

Good luck.

/ Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #3  
Re: Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060?

Features wise, in addition to basic premium features like deluxe seat, cruise, extendable link arms, etc...

both offer:
Linked throttle (linked to RPM and travel speed),
HST speed response and sensitivity controls,
Digital display with speedometer to the tenth (1.1 mph, 1.2, etc), PTO rotation speed, and other readings,

I believe the L6060 also offers "stall guard" though I've never stalled my tractor so I can't say how useful that feature is. The L6060 also has the dual 3-spd trans (hi/Lo) where the 1758 only has a 3-spd.

The 1758 has detent on the rear remotes, and also has a PTO clutch lever so you can disengage the PTO shaft and spin it freely (really nice for hooking up implements). Also, the 1758 has the PTO "soft start" feature that automatically feathers your implement startup at any RPM.

Otherwise... I'd say it's up to your personal preference. I think they are both as "premium" as the other.

Oh the L6060 also has more PTO HP.

Last edited:
   / Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #4  
I use my 1758 almost daily. As with much of my equipment whether it's a handgun, chainsaw, or tractor; it needs to go bang every time I use it. Anything can break, but where I live being REMOTE, it's crucial things are reliable. I checked tractor house and looked at some of the pricing on the 6060. They appear to be competitively priced. My Kubota dealer here is pathetic and they seem to focus on Dewalt instead of machinery. They are so bad that I drove 450 miles to Mcfarlanes in WI for a Kubota RTV instead of driving 50. I went with the dealership I could trust and count on so picked my color of tractor based on that relationship first. I have owned many tractors, 4 of those being purchased new. All between 45-60 horse. I saved about $5500 going with the Massey instead of going with a similar orange or green model with HST, premium features, and third function on loader for snow blade. The 1758 has been a dream tractor up to this point and I am not sure I could even make a list to improve upon it. The fit for me is what I was hoping for on 240 acres. Good luck shopping

20161119_102711_resized.jpg

20161207_162922_resized.jpg

20161113_142726_resized.jpg

Last edited:
   / Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #5  
Eric knows his equipment, owns a Kioti

/ Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #6  
Not a 1758 but close

/ Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #7  
I'd have to have a cracked skull before I could spend that much money sight-unseen! Maybe a road trip to find one? Will your local dealer know how to work on one? Who makes that machine?

/ Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #8  
Massey makes a great product, I have been impressed. That 1759 looks amazing. I wish I had a need for one.

/ Is a Massery 1758 as "Grand" as a Kubota Grand L6060? #9  
I'd have to have a cracked skull before I could spend that much money sight-unseen! Maybe a road trip to find one? Will your local dealer know how to work on one? Who makes that machine?

Many low time units out there, Both Kubota and Massey. less dollars,,, only way I can justify and afford large equipment purchases is for the farm use/tax incentive, if you have 90 acres it should be able to be put into AG somehow. Tree Farm, plantation, livestock, firewood production, whatever... Find a way for it to be a business for the write off. Purchasing new offers warranty and then the ability to extend it for 10 years under the Cenex program using their fluids for next to nothing. Massey made by Iseki of Japan.. I have had India made tractors badged by 2 different major players. Was not pleased with either one.