Massey Utility/Mid Level

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #1  

willysmb

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1736
Possibly going to be looking at a Massey Utility/Mid Level tractor in the next year and wondering which are the better ones to look at. I like the 1700 series as a premium Iseki made tractor and am interested at getting something bigger in the 70-100 HP range. I was interested in the 4700 series but saw they were made in China. I can't see that I want to pay Massey prices for a Chinese tractor.

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #2  
I'm with you on the China deal but in this case I gotta say maybe a little different. The new manufacturing facility is completely state of the art and way more advanced than many or most of the competition. The verdict is still out but I think the 4700 series will be a great product with a high spec and reasonable cost. I would at least consider it a little further before you write it off. Good luck

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #3  
I'm a big fan of the Iseki built machines, I've owned two phenomenal ones (1648 & 1652).

Check out the 4600 & 4600m series tractors, they are Iseki built in Japan. I believe 70-100 HP.

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level
I'm a big fan of the Iseki built machines, I've owned two phenomenal ones (1648 & 1652).

Check out the 4600 & 4600m series tractors, they are Iseki built in Japan. I believe 70-100 HP.

I will check those out. I kind of assumed they would be discontinued now with the 4700 out. I originally assumed that the 4700 was going to be a premium line like the 1700 but I am guessing not.

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #5  
I will check those out. I kind of assumed they would be discontinued now with the 4700 out. I originally assumed that the 4700 was going to be a premium line like the 1700 but I am guessing not.
The 1700 series are the premium "compact" line, going up to 59 HP ... The 4600 series are "utility".

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #6  
Like you guys, I don't think I could open my wallet that wide for a Chinese product. Certainly not for something I intend to use on the farm or job.

Massey Ferguson...I am disappoint.

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level
Like you guys, I don't think I could open my wallet that wide for a Chinese product. Certainly not for something I intend to use on the farm or job.

Massey Ferguson...I am disappoint.

Yeah, I would probably just go buy an LS at that point.

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #8  
Yeah skip the 4700 series, take a good look at the 4600's

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #9  
I had a JD E series, "assembled in USA", but every single part on it said made in China or India. My 5612 is made in France, as far as I can see all components are made in Europe. I would highly recommend the 5600 series. I do have a neighbor with a 4609 and he really likes it, had a couple minor issues when new but dealer resolved and has been great since.

/ Massey Utility/Mid Level #10  
I had a JD E series, "assembled in USA", but every single part on it said made in China or India. My 5612 is made in France, as far as I can see all components are made in Europe. I would highly recommend the 5600 series. I do have a neighbor with a 4609 and he really likes it, had a couple minor issues when new but dealer resolved and has been great since.
I'll likely never have a need for a tractor as big as your 5612 ... But dang those are sexy machines. I sat in them at one of my local dealerships and they are very nice, great quality and the cab was superb.