Disabling seat and neutral safety features.

/ Disabling seat and neutral safety features.
I was traveling across the property with a bucket full of stuff to go dump and ran across a wash out that turned into a fairly large sink hole. It happened so quickly that I didn't have time to do much of anything as the tractor flipped on it's side. My weight shifted in the seat and shut the engine down instantly. I ran next door where I could hear my neighbors tractor running and he came over and helped upright the dam thing. I let it sit until all the fluids had settled back down and everything was OK, the tractor was about a month old and has run fine since (5 years ago). Just before this happened, I was deliberating on whether or not to disable the seat safety switch. Glad I didn't do it; if that tractor hadn't shut down immediately I'm not sure it wouldn't have damaged the engine. Possibly running without adequate oil and causing many additional problems. That's when I decided to leave all the safety switches alone, they are there for a good reason. But, it is frustrating when you get on and off the machine often, it does get easier over time.

I was able to disable the switch by unplugging and running a jumper wire on the plug. 10 seconds and it would work as normal again. If I was out on the property doing some work I can enable it. For 90% of my work which is little stuff around the barn and my house, which is a very flat piece of property, I can disable it and use as I need.

If I could get hold of another plug connection you could actually easily put a removable toggle switch in there.

/ Disabling seat and neutral safety features. #12  
My 1635 shuts down if I get off the seat while the PTO is engaged. I wanted to be able to run a PTO generator so I added a small flat piece of metal screwed to the seat frame that can be moved sideways to hold the seat switch lever down when I am off the seat if necessary. I find the shift lever for the HST transmission range shifts easier if I bump the forward or reverse pedal if the range lever seems to hangup.

/ Disabling seat and neutral safety features. #13  
My 1635 shuts down if I get off the seat while the PTO is engaged. I wanted to be able to run a PTO generator so I added a small flat piece of metal screwed to the seat frame that can be moved sideways to hold the seat switch lever down when I am off the seat if necessary.
Not sure if its the same on the Massey, but our Kubota let's you run the PTO without someone in the seat if you flip the seat forward before engaging the PTO.

Aaron Z

/ Disabling seat and neutral safety features. #14  
It's worth a try. So far I have been engaging the PTO while in the seat. Thanks!

/ Disabling seat and neutral safety features. #15  
I can't even stand up to get a better view without it shutting down.

I'm thinking about adding somewhere a momentary switch that bypasses the seat switch temporarily when I want to stand up to see the forks. Someplace I could reach and hold while standing to keep the engine from dying. Maybe a foot-operated switch.

Bruce

/ Disabling seat and neutral safety features. #16  
The shift lever on my 1734e was really stiff when I first got it, it has loosened up a bit after the first hundred hours or so. It does tend to bind a bit when the brake is set on a slope and that is worse if it is in 4wd. You do get used to the routine after a while but it can be a pain. I have hesitated to bypass mine because the hst treadle is hard to avoid sometimes when getting into the seat, I think your 1736 has a flat deck which may make that less of an issue. With the parking brake set the my tractor will not move at all when the hydrostatic peddle is pressed, it would make sense to disable the seat switch when the brake is set.