Used GC2400 pricing

/ Used GC2400 pricing #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
I've located what I think would be a great little tractor for me. Honestly, it's still more than I really "need", but I really like it.

It's a 2008 with 50" front mount blower (manual chute) and 52"(?*) belly mower. It has just over 400 hours and seems to have been pretty well taken care of. R4 tires are loaded with Rim Guard and have no noticeable wear. Of course, it has the rear and mid PTO, and 3PH.

It's a private sale by a guy that buys/sells farm equipment/implements, and has a good reputation locally.

He's asking $9k firm (posted at $9.5k).

It appears that a brand new GC1705 (from what I can tell, the same tractor) outfitted the same, would be $16.4k.

*I didn't even look at it, because I don't intend to use it. They don't currently make a 52", 54" is the smallest. I've based my estimated New cost on the base 54" deck.

Thoughts?

/ Used GC2400 pricing #2  
With the front blower and MMM....I think you have a pretty good deal !
Does it have a front loader ?

/ Used GC2400 pricing
Loader is not included. Actually, the guy bought it because it had a loader, then put the loader on his own GC2300 and found the snowblower to put on this one.

/ Used GC2400 pricing #4  
sounds like a good deal to me. Locally trusted I'm surprised you haven't purchased it

/ Used GC2400 pricing
The main reason I didn't snap it up is that I will use it mostly for snow blowing, and want a cab. After I got home, posted this and started researching, I found that real cabs are pricey. Curtis doesn't show prices on the web for the Massey, but I'm guessing similar to what would fit a BX Kubota, for which I was quoted $4,734(!!). The cheapest semi-hard cab I have been able to find (Original Tractor Cab) doesn't show fitment for a GC2400, only the later 1700 series, and even at that it's $1300 with glass windshield and wiper.

Sooo, I have decided to pass on this one and look for one with a cab already installed (found two GC2300s already). However, I am glad I found this one, as it showed me that the Massey is the right tractor for me. I have plenty of time to get one, as I won't need it until at least October now. I hope...

Last edited:
   / Used GC2400 pricing
OTC said their cab is not designed to fit the older models, so...

Tonight I looked at and purchased a 2006 GC2300 with 600 hours, front snowblower and Curtis cab* for $6200. Needs a little TLC, but mostly cosmetic. The only obvious mechanical was that the Diff Lock did not return to Off until it felt like it; I'm guessing it needs a new return spring.

*no Heat, but I know how to fix that, if I decide it's necessary.

/ Used GC2400 pricing #7  
My diff lock works the same. Once I've got it engaged --which can take several seconds of foot pressure-- it will stay in for a bit before it releases after I've removed my foot. I think that's pretty normal, and suspect it's just pressure on the gears being relieved before it will release.

/ Used GC2400 pricing #8  
My diff lock works the same. Once I've got it engaged --which can take several seconds of foot pressure-- it will stay in for a bit before it releases after I've removed my foot. I think that's pretty normal, and suspect it's just pressure on the gears being relieved before it will release.

Yeah, my understanding is it would stay on until load on the gears was removed. Meaning you stop, or reverse direction for the most part. IIRC the manual says to step on it when you have a wheel spin, then let off and it'll stay engaged until you stop without having to hold it down all the time.

Also, dnw64, those blowers are around 3-4k when new I think. I know they're way out of my price range at the moment so I'd say you got a nice little GC for about 3k then (or what a 70+ year old Ford 9N goes for around here with zero implements).

/ Used GC2400 pricing
I'm very happy with it. Used it to clean up the 14" of very heavy snow from the April Fools Storm and it exceeded my expectations :D

/ Used GC2400 pricing #10  
THE main reason I bought mine was for snow blowing...after 18 years of using a walk-behind on a rather long, sloped driveway. It really does do an exceptional job at snow clearing (with no driveway width-reducing ridges!)-- but I'm sure you'll find other uses, too! Really a great little tractor.