Info on the new 5700 series.

/ Info on the new 5700 series. #1  

AKfish

Tractor
JD 5115M; JD 110 TLB; JD 4720; Ford 9N; JD X300R
Looked at the new 5700 premium utility tractor on the Massey website. Sweet lookin machine! Jaw dropping price as well, unfortunately..

Are these tractors at the dealerships, yet? Where are they built? TIA

/ Info on the new 5700 series. #3  
They are the same as a 5600 but with slightly more emissions (My 2015 has DEF but no DPF, 5700 has both). They are not actually that expensive, if you compare like for like tractors. The 4 cylinder 5700's are comparable to a Deere 6R. I spent a bit of time mowing with a 6R this summer, looks bigger with a massive hood that reduces visibility but had less features, same capability, but was no where near as nice to drive as my 5612. Had to clutch to change ranges and use an actual gear lever! None of that in the Massey! In all fairness my massey was probably speced higher than the deere with cab, loader and 3pt suspension. Makes a big difference. My 5612 was a lot cheaper than a similar 6R.

Haven't had it long (a little over a year) but have 1500 hours on it and baled 3400 4x5 silage bales last summer. Quality seems good so far and very few problems, a couple minor ones. Much better than the deere I had before it, but it was an E series so no comparison. The big thing is everything is programmable, upshifts downshifts, revs, hydraulic flow priorities, everything. When baling I step on the brake pedal only. Have it set up to auto stop and gear down. Bale wraps, ejects and then let my foot off brake. Tractor declutches and shifts back to preset gear, rpm and speed.

/ Info on the new 5700 series. #4  
Built in France, as far as I can tell every part is stamped made somewhere in Europe.

/ Info on the new 5700 series.
They are the same as a 5600 but with slightly more emissions (My 2015 has DEF but no DPF, 5700 has both). They are not actually that expensive, if you compare like for like tractors. The 4 cylinder 5700's are comparable to a Deere 6R. I spent a bit of time mowing with a 6R this summer, looks bigger with a massive hood that reduces visibility but had less features, same capability, but was no where near as nice to drive as my 5612. Had to clutch to change ranges and use an actual gear lever! None of that in the Massey! In all fairness my massey was probably speced higher than the deere with cab, loader and 3pt suspension. Makes a big difference. My 5612 was a lot cheaper than a similar 6R.

Haven't had it long (a little over a year) but have 1500 hours on it and baled 3400 4x5 silage bales last summer. Quality seems good so far and very few problems, a couple minor ones. Much better than the deere I had before it, but it was an E series so no comparison. The big thing is everything is programmable, upshifts downshifts, revs, hydraulic flow priorities, everything. When baling I step on the brake pedal only. Have it set up to auto stop and gear down. Bale wraps, ejects and then let my foot off brake. Tractor declutches and shifts back to preset gear, rpm and speed.

Thanks for the info. 1,500 hours is more than enough time to see problems develop! The range of programmable options would sure eliminate alot of the operating focus needed to run the tractor. You could spend more time watching the field conditions, the baler performance and map out the next end turn and windrow placement, etc.

I was thinking that the 5700 series would be more comparable to the new, JD 5000R tractors. Machines in the 10,000lb. range. IIRC, the 6R is a 12,000lb. tractor and up.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to seeing more info about them and learning how they perform in the field.

/ Info on the new 5700 series. #6  
I believe the dealer said my 5612 weighed in at around 14,000lbs as delivered, but base dry weight is stamped on it at just under 11,000 I think. Having driven both and looked at the specs of both (3pt lift, hydraulics etc) I would say they are quite evenly matched in everything except price.

I would caution however that the Massey is more of an "owner operator" or "drivers" tractor. The transmission takes getting used to and you need to actually read the manual to take advantage of all the features. The Deere is much simpler for an occasional driver to just hop on and go. I really think the Dyna 4 and 6 are brilliant. 3 separate places to shift gears depending on where your hands are or even auto mode which is fully programmable.

Only problems so far were leaking front pinion seal (easy fix under warranty)at 1000 hours and small leak from coolant resevoir. Not bad considering my Deere leaked coolant, oil and hydraulic fluid by 20 hours lol. Time will tell how it holds up but I know a couple other people around me that have them and like them, no major issues yet. My biggest complaint on the 5612 is the location of the rear wiper switch (on left b pillar), hopefully they moved it on the 5712!

/ Info on the new 5700 series.
Well, I tend to buy equipment and work it for 20+ years! And, besides my son; the tractors are setup for me to drive.

I could have saved probably $5-6,000 if I'd have bought a JD 5075E instead of the M model. But, the complaints steered me off them!

We're switched over to round bales and some hayledge, now. So, I'm just beginning to cast around for a 100hp @ pto tractor.

The Massey's look promising.