Looking at 1010- Nee Advice

/ Looking at 1010- Nee Advice #1  

shawnmd

Tractor
2009 JD LA145
I have a 2 acre property with only 2 large trees and one barn, with a rather long driveway. I had an deere la145 with front blower for removing snow, and mid mount mower for mowing. I also haul 12 cord of wood to my house with it every year. Needless to say, tractor isn't made for what I am doing. I've already had trans out twice.

I am looking at a Massey 1010 geared model with turf tires and a new Farm King rear finish mower. The tractor appears to be in great shape and everything works, but it does have 3100 hrs on it. It's exactly what I was looking for, but I am worried about the hours. I have not yet seen it in person.

What do you think of the hours? What issues should I look for in particular with the 1010 model?

pics
20170321_125538_resized_1.jpg20170321_125525_resized_1.jpg

/ Looking at 1010- Nee Advice #2  
The hours seem a little high, but if the tractor was used primarily for mowing it may not be an issue. I have a manual transmission model and I prefer it for traveling distances. I would check maintenance records, see if a compression test has been run, and see if the clutch has been repaired. Party for the mf 1010 are becoming harder to find, but if the price is right it may be worth it. I've been happy with mine.

/ Looking at 1010- Nee Advice #3  
I have exactly the same tractor with a similar 5ft finish mower and I really like the tractor! Having said that there are some things to watch for. The tractor is basically an orphan! MF imported the tractors from Japan they were built by Hinomoto and have Toyosha(yes the spelling is correct) engines! If they are properly maintained they are rugged little tractors that are grossly underrated! Things to watch for if the rad gets plugged up they will overheat and crack the head 2 if the injector pump oil is not checked or topped up it will run dry and you will need a rebuilt or new injection pump 3 if they sit for long periods of time the manual clutch gets sticky the 3100 hours doesn't bother me and I am assuming if it made it this far that someone? Dealer or owner has been maintaining it! I restore antique cars as a hobby so I am used to being very resourceful when sourcing parts but even this one can be a challenge sometimes good luck

/ Looking at 1010- Nee Advice #4  
My brother had 25 years ago-first compact tractor I ever used. They were a good solid basic tractor-but as others have posted they are an orphan and parts can be a challenge. I do remember the 5' RFM he had was a chore for the tractor to run-I think that tractor had 12-13 PTO hp.

Will