1705 vs 1715

/ 1705 vs 1715 #21  
Difference, not including taxes etc..is $1425. Both come with the DL95 loader and MMM. I noticed pto hp is increased by .9 HP from the 1710 to 1720

/ 1705 vs 1715 #22  
1. there is a difference in injection and it is not just altering the governor to increase existing rpm

As previously stated.

2. because of the difference of hp and torque created in each size - the drive train and frame are altered to accommodate the differences in hp and torque.

Since text-only posts are significantly lacking in emphasis/emotion, I can't quite tell if you're serious or not. I sincerely hope not as THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS! Tell me one company, anywhere, in recorded history, that increased the strength of "drive train and frame" for a 10% increase in HP or Torque. I'm very curious.

3. it also means altering your GC1705 or GC1710 to increase RPMs is explicitly not supported by warranty, because #1 and #2 above are different for the 22.5 hp engined models compared to the 25 hp engined models.

I certainly wouldn't expect it to be covered under warranty any more than the blower/NOX system I added to my 2017 Ram 5.7 to increase HP from 395 to 675. I don't think any sane person would expect it to be.

Bottom line - there is no magic in power. Physics doesn't lie; it's one of the few sciences that is reliable.

/ 1705 vs 1715 #23  
As previously stated.

Since text-only posts are significantly lacking in emphasis/emotion, I can't quite tell if you're serious or not. I sincerely hope not as THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS! Tell me one company, anywhere, in recorded history, that increased the strength of "drive train and frame" for a 10% increase in HP or Torque. I'm very curious.

I certainly wouldn't expect it to be covered under warranty any more than the blower/NOX system I added to my 2017 Ram 5.7 to increase HP from 395 to 675. I don't think any sane person would expect it to be.

Bottom line - there is no magic in power. Physics doesn't lie; it's one of the few sciences that is reliable.

I would caution on the seriousness of prior posts.

If the engine is the same, then the two variables that change are fuel and air. Also since the intake is the same...The difference is in the fueling and the injection pump. An injection pump has a range of flows built into it's design. All iseki did was increase fuel flow for the 1715 and 1720.

To think a more robust drive train was installed for 2.5 more horsepower is the craziness thing I've heard all day.

/ 1705 vs 1715 #24  
I would caution on the seriousness of prior posts.

If the engine is the same, then the two variables that change are fuel and air. Also since the intake is the same...The difference is in the fueling and the injection pump. An injection pump has a range of flows built into it's design. All iseki did was increase fuel flow for the 1715 and 1720.

To think a more robust drive train was installed for 2.5 more horsepower is the craziness thing I've heard all day.

Yes!

(plus "one" more character to satisfy TBN's minimum post length requirement. I guess 4 characters is considered Spammy, Not Contributing, Unintelligent, or Something Else??)

/ 1705 vs 1715 #25  
As previously stated.

"I can't quite tell if you're serious or not. I sincerely hope not as THAT WOULD BE RIDICULOUS! Tell me one company, anywhere, in recorded history, that increased the strength of "drive train and frame" for a 10% increase in HP or Torque. I'm very curious.

Well how about an easy one. I own a Chevy Silverado 1500 LS - factory built. The standard engine is a 5.3 liter engine, has a "60" transmission, standard frame and standard suspension. My factory built same year Chevy Silverado LS has a 6.0 liter engine, a "65" transmission, reinforced frame, and a performance suspension all to support the specs for the 6.0 liter engine. How is that for an example of "one company, anywhere, in recorded history, that increased the strength of "drive train and frame" for a 10% increase in HP or Torque."

The 5.3 was 315 hp and my 6.0 is 342 hp - not even 10% difference. If its that easy to find one example in recorded history - think how easy it would be to find many :)

/ 1705 vs 1715 #26  
As to the idea that Massey would have things different in their tractor based on whether it has the 22.5 hp engine or the 25 hp engine - I quoted directly from AGCO technical email. They said

"Both 23 and 25HP machines are built to spec according to the load transferred through the drive lines and the rest of the tractor frame."

If there were no differences in the drive lines and tractor frame - then they would have said that - but that's not what they said is it ? :) After all - they said when it came to the actual engine that is was the same engine with injection changes.

/ 1705 vs 1715 #27  
I hope you realize it was a canned response that was lawyer approved...nothing technical about the reply at all.

/ 1705 vs 1715 #28  
I'm now more confused than ever

/ 1705 vs 1715 #29  
I hope you realize it was a canned response that was lawyer approved...nothing technical about the reply at all.

Think of what you are saying.

If as you claim, an attorney approved the statement I quoted then you are saying it's accurate.

And if it accurate and pacific in how it is worded, then the sentence I highlighted in a prior post is written saying each engine sized tractor is built for the power it producesis. My point before and now is "if it was the same, they would have simply said that". But that isn't what they said.

/ 1705 vs 1715 #30  
I'm now more confused than ever

If your question is GC1705 or GC1715 and you're more confused than ever - think of it this way. I don't like to quote tractor prices on TBN because of two things:

1. That "Out the door" concept may or may not include sales tax which makes a fair sized difference on a scut

2. Prices are considerably different from region to region for lots of different reasons. And quite honestly, why make someone feel disappointed in the price they paid.

However, recognize that both the GC1705 and the GC1715 are good product - not just OK product. And recognize unlike with cars and motorcycles - you don't have to pick a color LOL. So assuming you don't need a backhoe, your decisions are greatly lessened. You need to decide on type of tires, type of mower (mmm (4 choices) or rear cutter, block heater or not, loading the tires, and any other implements or quick attaches you want to start out with. And which GC1700 (05 or 15 model).

Unlike most of the other things to decide on the list - which model to choose is based a more permanent decision. So get the difference between the two quotes for the exact same configured unit in a GC1705 vs. GC1715. Then look at that number and see how important that number is to you. Maybe you can talk the price down on the GC1715 some more - maybe not. The end result is - know why you want the tractor and then are the differences between the models enough for the price difference. When you're deciding on a model difference in cost - its much easier than deciding on a $16,000 machine :)

JMHO