Price Check Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ?

/ Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ? #1  

Hollandguy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson
I have a Massey MF210 which was purchased by my wife's grandparents in 1985. Its in pretty good shape (892 hours) and I can always get it running but it has just one huge problem: Both rear wheels were filled with salt water. They completely rusted out and crumbled which flatted and split the turf tires that were on it. I've got a couple quotes from two different local Tractor supply places. It looks like as much as $1500 for custom welded wheels and another $650 for tires. I may be able to get better pricing but the question still stands: Is this tractor even worth repairing? I would much rather have a newer model but I can't afford that right now. Is there any market for it as a parts tractor? Thanks for any replies!

/ Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ? #2  
there are some Ebay sellers like Tucker tire that have pretty good prices on tire wheelcombo's
depending on size - and claim 2 day shipping East of the rockies.

Many of their hoop /tire combo's with free shipping are around $1000 that is for 2 new tires mounted on 2 new hoops.

Don't the wheels on your Massey have separate wheels centers and Hoops?

/ Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ? #4  
The short answer to your question is that, yes, it is worth fixing.

I would call around to junk yards to see if parts are available for that MF model, or its clones (see Tractordata for the list of copycat tractors). You might consider a call to MF to get parts numbers, etc for new rims, and your search might be easier. It is also possible that your wheel hole pattern is the same as that used on other tractors, so you could buy new or used wheels and/or rims made for another brand.

If the tires are not a total loss, they may work if you put tubes in them, which would be a cheap fix.

There is nothing wrong with having a tractor with mongrel parts.

The reality is that tractors cost money to rehab and maintain. That said, you should be able to put together a low-hour, fully-functional tractor for not a lot of expense if you put in some computer search and phone time.

/ Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ? #6  
Doubt we will ever know 1 post total for the OP- 22 days ago

/ Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ? #7  
At 892hr...this tractor is barely used...they have life expentency of 10 000hrs if maintained right.
Look at salvage yards,used equipment dealers...for good quality replacement wheels and tires...no need to go new..repaint the rims with original paint color and voila !
Pretty easy fix...I doubt at 892hr there is much mechanical issues with it either.

/ Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ? #8  
Doubt we will ever know 1 post total for the OP- 22 days ago

It is annoying when people post on here asking for advice...and never from them again !

/ Is this Tractor worth anything? (MF 210) ? #9  
It is annoying when people post on here asking for advice...and never from them again !

Perhaps we should lighten up on a new guy. He may be busy, he may have figured out a fix by now, he may have sold it.

It's a free country, and free speech also means the latitude to say nothing at all. It could be a tad thin-skinned to get annoyed when someone exercises that right.