1428v

/ 1428v #1  

Cook123

Bronze Member
Tractor
john deere 790
Hello i am new to this forum. been looking for awhile narrowed down to either 1428v or 1433v. anyone using these? i ve got 20 acres kind of hilly, need a loader, bushhog also boxblade work. anyone using a bellymower on this tractor? if so how hard to mount - dismount? price i have found is 1428v fel 14000-1433v fel 15500. are these prices fair? also just what is the cheepest i can get these tractors? thanks

/ 1428v #2  
The prices seem good. For the money I would recommend the 1433v. You will get a synchro shuttle which is nice for loader work. The loader will have more capacity than the one for the 1428v as well. Both are good tractors. My preference though is the larger of the two.

/ 1428v #3  
Cook123,

I'm partial to the 1428v (since I own one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

I did my due diligence before buying and I believe this tractor will handle your 20 acres (I some day will get 25 acres).

I currently use mine on a VERY hilly property for both mowing (I have a BEFCO Finish Mower) and grading and snow removal (BushHog blade) and the 1428v takes all I can throw at it and more. I have been very impressed with this machine.

Depending where you are I think $14K is in the ballpark. The tractor alone can be had for about $10.1K. I have seen the Massey loader for about $3.2K. After market brands will vary in price.

Good luck with your decision and welcome tothe forum.

28Red /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 1428v #4  
I've also recently purchased a 1428v, I have been using it to finish mow 3 acres and have been using the FEL to excavate for a barn to keep the tractor in. I like the size of the tractor, it seems to be able to handle all I've thrown at it. I'll soon be trying to install an irrigation system on all 4 acres of lawn (hopefully create my own 2 hole golf course). The FEL works great, I've dug the hole for the alaskan slab for the 24x32 garage. I've now got to figure what to do with all the excavated material (anyone need a couple dozen yards of fill?). But anyway, either tractor should afford you with plenty of power, I've got a geared tranny and have been very happy with it, doing a lot of mowing I just set the speed and go.

/ 1428v #5  
I forgot to mention, I mow with a 60" Land Pride Rear finish mower. I was concerned with the ease of removal of a MMM and the cost didn't seem to make sense compared to a RFM. I was pretty fortunate to pick my 1428 up at an auction (had 80 hrs on it, you can see the pictures on my post) I've paid a total of $12,500.00 for tractor w/ FEL, 60" Modern implement landscape rake, and the landpride fdr1660.

/ 1428v #6  
COOK123, My bro in law got a 1428v for 10k no FEL (new) in md. but at the same time I bought a 1433v w/FEL for 15,800 gear trans (shuttle) so your prices seem fair to me...
I have no experience w/MMM nor any desire to get any...just seems to difficult to put on or take off,I just wouldn't want it hanging on my tractor while I'm plowing or climbing over something high using loader.RFM is the way I personally like to mow ,but I don't mind turning my head around to see how close I'm getting to something... I would suggest a test drive on both see which one feels right for you(if you haven't already)because the 1433v sits a good bit higher than the 1428v, that might help in your decision... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
For 20 acres 1433v is going to be more capable but is it too big to get in some of the tighter spaces to comfortably manuever around? And you mention hilly ,Well tractor ride height will increase pucker factor on hilly ground ,so take that into consideration it will make a difference ...good luck let us know what you decide and of course we will need pics...Mark S. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 1428v #7  
The Tractor Place in Knightdale NC has the 1428V for $10.575. Thats what they are currently advertising on special.
Its listed on the first page of thier website.
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ 1428v #8  
Local Massey dealer priced me the 1428v gear for $11,725 with R4 tires. I made no attempt to negotiate as I had no idea if they were in the park or not. I like the MF, the size, the layout and the power. Sounds like the pricing might need a little adjustment. Anybody else out there priced or bought a 1428v lately?
DMB

/ 1428v #9  
Had one dealer price a 1428 w/ gear trans. and R4's for $10,900 and another price the same unit at $11,100. Both offered set up and delivery, and the second dealer was going to load the tires and add weights to the front. This price was tractor only, no FEL or attachments.

/ 1428v #10  
The quote I got was for $15k for the 1428v hydro and the 1464 loader. Is that reasonable?