New 2706e! Great tractor...

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #11  
I've got about 47 hours on it so far with the bulk of that being to clear land with a bush hog and the front loader. My only wish on the 2706e is that it had more lift capacity on the loader. It does fine for everything I do but having a bit more wouldn't hurt. The comfort even without the air suspension on the seat to me is still superior to the Mahindra. I've been on it for a few hours in a bumpy field and didn't feel too bad. I didn't go for the HST. My experience with tractors has been the good ole gear driven I wanted to get a much PTO power as possible for a HD bush hog so I just stayed with the gear drive. I looked hard at the HST though but with how I sit in the operator station the clutch operation wasn't or isn't a problem for repetive forward and back loader stuff. The 2706e sits higher than the Mahindra so I feel like I have much more leverage on the pedals. Honestly I'm tickled with the tractor. I love using. Love driving it. It has made work much more productive which is the real goal.

Bottom line is my Only complaint of the MF 2706 is just to have a bit more loader capacity. Comfort and usability is really great. The build quality still seems better than the Mahindra too. Oh. I did have the tires filled. I wouldn't walk out of the dealer without that. That's a must have. Adds ~900lbs and the tractor is much more stable.

The Mahindra is off my list now and down to the Kubota MX5200 and the Massey 2706 with HST.

Question: The front bucket is multi-function correct? I cant see it anywhere in the literature - cant imagine they wouldnt put a multi on a price point like this is.
Im going to be doing quite a bit of sub-soiling at first so with you stating your clearing land and such, the 57 HP should do me well.
I wont be getting a bush hog, but will use a PTO tiller and drag blade a LOT and of course the bucket which I will get a tooth bar for right up front.

Scott

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #12  
Too bad Mahindra seems not to realize that there is more to a tractor that being heaviest and strongest spec wise. That counts for a lot, but other things do also.

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #13  
Wouldn't a 2605H be a more comparable MF to a Mahindra 5555 than a 2706E?

/ New 2706e! Great tractor...
The new 2605 would be more inline with the Mahindra 5555. But it wasn’t out quite yet when I bought my tractor.

I don’t have a third function on the bucket. The dealer said you could add it for about $800 though.

/ New 2706e! Great tractor...
Also a note about the first service at 50 hours... It’s expensive. All told I spent about $600 which includes all the filters and fluids. I did the service myself. It’s a lot as you change the engine oil, fuel filters, and the hydraulic fluid. Doing all that at once is s lot. Going forward you change the engine oils every 200 hours and the hydraulic fluid every 400. So that shouldn’t be too bad. Just a heads up when you get close to that first service after break in.

/ New 2706e! Great tractor... #16  
Yup. I like them too. KIMG0852.jpg